Job ID: 2118344Location: WARREN , MI , US Date Posted: 2022-06-30Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Mechanical EngrSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretPotential for Remote Work: NoDescription SAIC has a potential opportunity for a Junior Engineer to support the U.S. Army Military Ground Vehicle Systems. The work will be located in Warren, MI. This position is contingent upon contract award with an anticipated start date November 2022. A combination of the following responsibilities under the direction of a professional or experienced engineer:
- Research and become familiar with U.S. Military ground vehicle system architectures, software and hardware components, enabling technologies, relevant scenarios, and challenges
- Coordinate multiple engineering and testing projects for a variety of customers.
- Work hands-on in test lab, test cell or vehicle environment.
- Develop validation strategies for components and follow through with testing.
- Generate 3D CAD models and conduct structural simulations to validate designs.
- Coordinate internal support activities in professional and shop environment departments (i.e., testing, machine shop, engine build, fabrications, garage services, etc.).
- Prepare and deliver technical reports and presentations for status reviews and project sign-off.
- Support component and system design activities.
- Perform research on emerging technologies and implement on programs.
- Manage bill of materials for mechanical systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Math, or Science from an accredited college or university.
- Zero to four (0-4) years' providing support to engineering organizations.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are needed to handle multiple task/projects and to work independently.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are also required to work well with all levels of staff and managers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Can start work with Interim Secret Clearance
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Junior Engineer - Military Vehicles
Infotainment Application Software Engineer/ C developer/ Java developer
Information Security Analyst (Engineer Info Assurance 4) - 6688
Quality Engineer, Mid
Senior Software Engineer, Automated Driving Localization - SDV
Senior Python Software Engineer - Ultra Cruise SDV