Job Title: Product Assurance Engineer ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) Modules Location: Southfield MI Duration: FTE Job Description: Position Summary: This position will manage the Product Assurance Engineering activities for assigned components within Product Engineering. The Product Assurance Engineer will lead & ensure that a product is tested to meet customer and internal functional requirements through comprehensive analysis, development, Design Validation (DV) and Process Verification (PV) testing. Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand OEM specifications and requirements for product validation
- Comprehend module verification requirements (external, internal, system, manufacturing, functional safety)
- Manage product verification activities for assigned modules
- Design and develop product validation plans (Environmental, EMC, and others as required)
- Review the validation plan with internal (Product Engineering) and external (OEM) customers, get approvals
- Develop product engineering & test specifications for our manufacturing plants
- Develop requirements for test equipment, get quotes and source suppliers for test equipment & services
- Receive test equipment, validate and perform necessary GR&R before DV/PV
- Schedule internal and external lab(s) for planned DV/PV
- Track and report progress throughout the DV/PV
- Debug, analyze and report failures that occur during the DV/PV
- Support product engineering for any root cause analysis (8D, Fish Bone etc.)
- Prepare, review, & approve status & test reports, inc. DVP&R, for internal & external customers
- Archive test data, report, and test parts as required by internal and external requirements
- In-depth understanding of validation methodology for automotive electronics & application to assigned modules
- Understanding of FMEA, SC/CC, risk analysis, FA, test case design, traceability of requirements
- Basic understanding of the ADAS ECU architecture, validation requirements, and domain-specific tools
- Experience with communication protocols and tools such as CANalyzer, Automotive Ethernet, GMSL2, FPD-Link III
- Awareness of IPC standards and PCB manufacturing
- Awareness of ISO/IEC 17025
- Awareness of IATF 16949
- Bachelor's Degree in EE, ME or equivalent desirable.
- 8 years' work experience in Automotive electronics validation such as Hardware and system-level validation.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core product validation principles, and analytical techniques
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Good team player.