SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceStanley Black and Decker
Manufacturing Engineer - Dexter, MIWe Don't Just BuildTheWorld, We Build Innovative Technology Too.This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining theStanley Black & Deckerteammeansworking in aninnovative, tech-drivenandhighly collaborativeteam environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe.Here,you'll getthe unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands includingSTANLEY TOOLS,DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLSand Black & Decker.Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customersas we work together to write the next chapter in our history.Come build with us and take your career to new heights.WhoWeAreWe're the World'slargesttoolcompany. We'reindustry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade throughinnovativetechnology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet.We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double its revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.Who You AreYou're acuriousproblem solver whohas theabilitytobring big ideas to life. You're creativeand scrappy but can navigate a large organizationwith ease.You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also have:
- Four (4) year technical degree in Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering or Plastics Technology.
- Strong knowledge of the automotive marketplace, its customers and business climate
- Proven ability to develop robust program launch schedules and to drive organization, time management and effective prioritization in order to hit program timelines
- Utilizes knowledge of design, materials, metal fabrication, weld, powder coat and assembly to develop or optimize new or existing manufacturing processes.
- Research product requirements and utilize manufacturing knowledge to develop manufacturing processes.
- Improving manufacturing processes by analyzing cell layouts, process flow diagrams, spaghetti diagrams and implementing waste reduction projects.
- Management of material waste reduction projects.
- Provide and present decision-making data by calculating labor, material and overhead costs utilizing estimation tools and validating actuals.
- Review of bill of manufacturing costs on new and existing products.
- Management of change management projects utilizing detailed project plans and timelines.
- Design and/or design management of new product weld, assembly and work holding fixturing.
- Develop, present and obtain approval of business cases for Capital Requests.
- A3 or 8D management of failures. Failures can include but are not limited to customer quality concerns, equipment breakdowns or plant process failures.
- Rebalance product lines to optimize throughput and minimize manufacturing waste.
- Design, prototype and manage build and timeline new robotic weld fixturing.
- Investigate and research new manufacturing processing technologies.
- Support skilled trades in equipment troubleshooting and routine maintenance.
- Development of PM schedules and train skilled trades on tasks.
- May be responsible to supervise, technologists, technicians, or other engineers.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Generate work instructions, train operators for new or improved processes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- CareerOpportunity:Career paths aren't linear here.Being part ofourglobal companywith 60+ brandsgives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning& Development:Ourlifelong learning philosophymeans you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy andonline university(where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & InclusiveCulture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work.We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done.You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company:You'll help us continue to make positive changes inthelocalcommunities where we work and live as well asinthe broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.