Salary$100,000 - $120,000
IT Support Manager Hybrid AvailableMassachusetts, Worcester / central MA, 01601 Worcester / central MA USA
Manages the relationship with the Service Desk vendor to include monitoring and measuring performance of the Support Desk according to contractual performance indicators. Plans and manages the Major Incident Management function. Communicates critical events to IS and non-IS stakeholders, and coordinates support staff to resolve. Manages and provides suggestions for continual improvement of the IS Change Control process. Manages the Problem Management Process. Works with Director to develop and implement a Release Management process, creating and optimizing efficiencies in the migration of changes from test to production.Major Responsibilities:
- Manages the Service Desk service, working closely with the outsource vendor to measure key performance indicators, develop strategies to remain on track, or resolve any key performance indicators outside of acceptable parameters. Works closely with the business/clinical functional areas (internal customers), external customers, in defining customer service expectations and how best to achieve them.
- Manages the change management process within IS, acting as the gateway from test systems to production, to maintain a pristine and reliable production environment. Makes recommendations for continuously improvement of the change management process and Change Advisory Board to develop the right level of sign off and communication required for migration of changes from test to production to create a reliable, supportable production landscape. Works with Director to develops implement, and maintain a Release Management process of managing, planning, scheduling and controlling system changes through different stages and environments; including testing and deploying of releases. Provides leadership and direction to the project teams in the areas of change and release management.
- Manages the Problem Management process within IS, ensuring quality and completeness of root cause analysis and identification of appropriate remediation activities for critical events, unsuccessful changes, etc.
- Oversees the Major Incident Management (MIM) process within IS. Manages the scheduling, and process evolution of the MIM process to best communicate to both non-IS and IS personnel. The MIM process aims to achieve resolution to high impact break/fix issues as soon as possible to limit downtime to users.
- Develops and recommends the budgets for the areas managed. Manages activities to assure financial goals are met. Implements operational improvements approved by senior management.
- Represents Shared Services department in a variety of settings and provides updates and information about IS Shared Services for client executive, business partners/stakeholders, development team, operations team, and finance department in the tracking of project activities.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork, motivation, and fosters the effective integration of efforts with system-wide initiatives.
- Adheres to compliance and regulatory requirements as defined by Joint Commission, DPH, HIPAA, internal and external auditors, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.Minimum three to five years of change and/or release management experience within Business/Clinical applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage Service Desk support environments, as well as experience in Technology change and release management, preferably in a hospital environment.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills are required.
- An in-depth knowledge of systems and network infrastructures used in health care.
- Demonstrates an understanding of traditional System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills are essential.
- In-depth knowledge of systems and applications used in health care industry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to lead a business transition process that leverages technology (Process Reengineering/ Redesign).
- Ability to demonstrate excellent presentation skills to a wide variety of audiences includes executive management.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Ability and willingness to work independently.
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications.
- Professional certification, such as LEAN, ITIL, or PMP.