SalaryUSD60 - USD70
job summary:POSITION OVERVIEW:The Senior Application Engineer will apply technical design and development skills to build efficient application software solutions, based upon business requirements and technical specifications. The Senior Application Engineer is a leader and mentor to junior developers, able to digest and solve complex problems with a team-oriented mentality. location: WORCESTER, Massachusettsjob type: Contractsalary: $60 - 70 per hourwork hours: 9am to 5pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Write technical design and specifications, writes code, and assists in development of new applications and products and enhancements to existing applications and products.
- Break down complex technical problems and work alongside architects and project managers to engineer solutions that meet business requirements within project constraints.
- Ensure code quality through unit testing, code analysis tools and code reviews. This may include reviewing SONAR findings, preparing sample data for execution of programs, and system integration testing.
- Implement or modifies applications to accomplish functions in compliance with the Software Development Life Cycle framework
- Be a champion for best practices throughout the software development life cycle, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, testing methodologies and deployment management.
- Identify risks and mitigation options and makes recommendations.
- Build and deploy code using enterprise tools and processes and support setup of multiple test environments.
- Exhibit best practices in source code management
- Support, troubleshoot and debug coding defects identified during quality assurance and business partner validation.
- Adhere to all quality standards and procedures.
- Collaborate with and lead project team members, including external and offshore partners, during development process.
- Support and implementation planning and execution of software releases into the production environment.
- Be a driver in project planning, design, and estimating activities.
- Stays current and builds knowledge of multiple programming languages and related development tools.
- Provides timely and accurate project status reporting.
- Builds knowledge of P&C insurance concepts and Hanover application systems.
- 5 - 8 years' experience in JAVA development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Ability to excel in an Agile, team-oriented environment
- Execution of well-defined project tasks
- strong and effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to minute detail and quality
- Initiative, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- strong problem-solving skills
- Web Services/REST Service
- J2EE technologies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)