Associate Director, US Payer & Channel Marketing - ALSMassachusetts, Weston, 02493 Weston USA
ALS is a rare, fatal, neurodegenerative disease characterized by the progressive loss of motor neurons in the brain and spinal cord. Onset of ALS is usually between the ages of 40 to 70, with the average age at diagnosis being 55 years. Unfortunately, typical life expectancy following diagnosis is only 3 to 5 years. Currently, there are no approved therapies that target the genetic underlying cause of ALS. Biogen is committed to furthering ALS research in an effort to bring therapies to people living with this rapidly progressing neurological condition.
The Associate Director, Payer & Channel Marketing is accountable for planning and executing payer and reimbursement marketing activities to support brand objectives for a rare disease launch in ALS. In this role, the individual serves as a critical liaison aligning brand strategy to market access and reimbursement priorities, with the ultimate goal of optimizing patient access to therapy.Job Description
- Drive market access launch strategy and development of payer and reimbursement marketing initiatives for a therapy intended to treat a rare genetic form of ALS.
- Exhibit deep understanding of payer, provider, and patient landscape to evaluate effectiveness of implemented strategy; demonstrate agility to pivot as required.
- Ensure alignment and coordination of Market Access & Reimbursement strategies with the US Brand teams.
- Establish value narrative and execute multichannel campaign to deliver; liaise with Global Value & Access / HEOR teams and US Brand teams to build messaging tailored to various stakeholders, including government and private payers, health plans, and PBMs.
- Collaborate with National/Regional Account teams and field reimbursement teams to understand field needs; design and execute impactful tactics and programs.
- Develop strategies and frameworks for access and reimbursement engagement with KOLs, providers, and other key contacts within our provider customer base.
- Develop pull/push-through strategies and tactics and roll out to the field reimbursement team effectively.
- Own the regulatory and legal approval (Promotional Review Committee/PRC) of all payer and reimbursement marketing tactics.
- Manage our vendor agency of record to ensure fulfillment and execution of projects and tactics within budget.
- Lead the annual brand planning process for access and reimbursement activities related to ALS.
o 5+ years prior experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry are required, including 1+ years in the payer/reimbursement/patient services space
o Field payer and/or field reimbursement experience preferred
o Orphan/rare drug experience preferred
o Proven ability to use customer and marketplace insights to identify, develop and implement initiatives that meet customer and company needs
o Strong understanding of health care delivery and payment/insurance systems in the US; background in pricing/reimbursement preferred
o Advanced business and financial acumen skills with the ability to apply them productively in lateral and superior relationships; detailed oriented, strong quantitative and analytical ability
o Experience managing key commercial processes that are critical to business performance, including brand planning and positioning, value proposition development, and pricing/reimbursement strategy
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associate Director, Neuropsychiatry Payer Insights