SalaryHealth, Dental, Vision & 401K
Title: R&D Engineer Location: Westford, MA Contract Length: 12+ Months, with great opportunity for extension/conversion to full time Role Offers: Health, Dental, Vision Benefits & 401K Enrollment Options In this role, this candidate will guide the establishment, evaluation, and reporting of test criteria to assess device performance. The team works in a collaborative and dynamically challenging environment with cross-functional partners to define and accomplish the development and validation strategies. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, evaluate, and report device performance testing.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and procedures.
- Execute validations of equipment and testing procedures.
- Perform root cause analysis and/or engineering studies to estimate design variation and develop acceptable design specifications.
- Solve design, process, and testing problems at the component through system level.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience generating and validating test methods.
- Experience with laboratory test measurement devices such as pressure transducers, flow sensors, electrical testing.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, and an ability to deconstruct real world issues into root engineering causes.
- Robust statistical skills and analytical thinking.
- Must be able to work with moderate supervision, think critically, and communicate effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (i.e. Mechanical or Biomedical, Electrical, Electronic) with a minimum of 1-2 years of engineering experience
- Industry experience: Med Device is preferred
- Good computer skills in usage of MS Office Suite including MS Project; CAD experience preferred
- Good documentation, communication (e.g., written and verbal) and interpersonal relationship skills including consultative and relationship management skills
- Basic understanding of statistical techniques
- Previous experience working with lab/industrial equipment required
- Solid problem-solving, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of applicable FDA regulations for medical device industry
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels
- Must be able to work in a team environment, including the ability to manage vendors and project stakeholders
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships
Solid understanding and knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts relevant to Engineering
Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Electrical Test Engineer
Principal Power Electronics Engineer