Salary$70 - 80 per hour
job summary:Randstad is looking to hire a HPC Applications Specialist for a 1 year contract (w/ a potential to extend or convert permanent) for a client in the Healthcare Industry. If you have experience working with HPC and Linux applications, C, C, computing platforms, and also enjoys working on a team; see the details below.Bash, C, C, Linux, HPC, experience is highly preferred location: Somerville, Massachusettsjob type: Contractsalary: $70 - 80 per hourwork hours: 8am to 4pmeducation: Bachelors responsibilities:
- Installation and maintenance of software and runtime environments: effective installation and configuration of open-source and commercial scientific applications
- Serve as an internal consultant who can bridge the technology (HPC, GPU Cluster, and other systems) for scientific groups.
- Work closely with research clinicians and PhD researchers to implement their advanced processing pipelines on the ERIS computational platforms.
- Understand performance characteristics of underlying servers, network and storage hardware.
- Audit systems and processes for compliance with security and data integrity requirements.
- Provide expertise in data management, analytics, and optimum data structuring for large or diverse datasets.
- Support Technical Customers: Together with the Scientific Computing team that includes scientific applications support specialist, provide support and consulting to scientific researchers who use a broad spectrum of applications from diverse fields (genetics, epidemiology, drug development, natural language processing, and high-resolution imaging).
- Analyze and resolve customer and technical problems: Troubleshoot application and analytical problems when issues arise. Proposes, maintains and enforces polices, practices and security procedures.
- Provide break/fix support, setup/installation support, escalation support, and solutions support for applications and tools.
- Develop and maintain system documentation as well as training and reference materials for the community using knowledge management tools.
- Perform other duties as required by the situation and circumstances
- BA/BS/engineering degree required or equivalent combination of skills/experience. Experience with HPC or similar environments deploying scientific applications and tools.
- 4+ years minimum experience in working with systems or programming environments in Linux environments for a scientific domain.
- 4+ years of active experience with related open-source software platforms and languages (at least one of: Python, C ).
- Minimum 3 years' experience working beyond the college level in a related position.
- Experience installing and debugging Linux applications for science and healthcare research usage.
- Demonstrated written communication skills and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to deeply understand application functionality and technical documentation required.
- Highly desired:
- Knowledge with statistical methods and analytical tools (R, Matlab or domain-specific tools)
- Knowledge with deep learning tools and GPU frameworks a plus.
- Must be capable of contributing within a multi-disciplinary team, exhibit a high level of initiative, and have an eagerness to learn new technologies.
- Candidate must possess advanced knowledge and understanding of Linux runtime environments. And high ability to debug and troubleshot complex installations.
- Experience with Python/Anaconda environments customization.
- Experience with containerization docker/singularity highly desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities in self-organization, self-motivation and collaboration.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements, keeping team and management informed.
- Regular office environment. Primary location is Sommerville, MA.
- May travel to various Mass General Brigham hospitals locations
- As projects and priorities dictate, flexible work and off-hours are required including evening, night and weekend hours to cover events, roll-outs and special project
- Experience level:
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Linux System Admin
- Instillation Support