SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceThe Tri-Com Consulting Group
Job Title: Database AdministratorProject Summary: Job OverviewThe Database administrator is responsible for hosting, deployment, monitoring and managing databases and other dependent software and hardware. Provide 24x7 support for the applications and infrastructure. Be on a monthly On-Call schedule to support Production environment after business hours. Keeping all infrastructure and database components up-to-date with latest patches. Coordinate deployments across Production and Non-Production environments through predefined process. Work in close proximity to application, business teams and Vendors. Help business and application teams to triage and resolve technical issues with Weblogic and infrastructure impacting their application.Job Duties (Key Responsibilities, Knowledge):
- Architect-Design develop implement and support Oracle-SQL-Mysql Databases with Planning, acquisition support, and implement databases(RAC and standalone) running on versions 10g,11g &12c on varied platforms (Linux and AIX) and Windows environments of cloud and AWS infra.
- Comply with standards, policies, and procedures for database design, implementation, maintenance and documentation.
- Install, implement and maintain relational databases, including doing DBMS software upgrade as required, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, problems analysis and correction, and participate in tests for all phases of the application life cycle from proof of concept and initial development through production implementation and operations.
- Additional activities may include training of other staff, ensuring compliance with and assisting in the development of standards, policies and procedures.
- Develop code , data scientist and analyst with tools as required to run as AIX/Linux scripts, SQL and PL/SQL and implementing advanced Data Guard standards.
- Monitor data growth and re-organize the table structures in separate tablespaces.
- Database Elicitation, Analysis, integration and Performance in Developing appropriate support structure- indexes, partitions. Comply with data security best practices and implement Oracle advanced encryption methods as necessary.
- Implement DB Console, Grid control for easy DB administration with Data redact, Data migration, Data Encryption, complex disaster recovery.
- Design and implementation of backup and recovery strategies (both cold and hot backups) and performing periodical backup, restoration and recovery using RMAN (full and incremental).
- Standardize and maintain cron scripts and automated daily, weekly maintenance jobs.
- Manage and monitor RMAN catalog database and scheduled daily, weekly DB, archive backup jobs for all the prod and nonprod databases.
- Strategy for the project is prepared based on knowledge of requirements, testing environment, risk-based testing strategies and non-functional attributes (like scalability, interoperability, portability), data models and testing principles.
- Prepare system appreciation documents and analyze system dependencies for the identified modules using requirements elicitation and analysis tools and techniques including traceability techniques.
- Analyze inter-dependencies between tasks, flag them to supervisors and provide inputs to the schedule.
- Database Setup backup , recovery-restore & troubleshooting and fixing root cause analysis.
- Set up db’s with data secure options with the business team, validate data for different modules and provide specific mitigation plan for risks identified.
- Validate db project oriented executed by peers and participate in defect triages using process, requirements and business criticality.
- Manage “Go-live" activities such as production validation to ensure that there are no show stopper defects in the production environment.
- Develop and manage test report program, metrics and report test automation execution results to executive management team.
- Mentor and guide new database administrators/ engineers and Resolve critical issues related to test deliverables and provide inputs as required.
- Review knowledge management activities in the project to help track and improve information sharing among the team members and make use of knowledge from other projects.
- 7+ years of DBA experience with at least 4+ years of system level DB administration
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree
- Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or computer science preferred.
- Preferred: Certification in Oracle Database 11g, 19c and AWS hosting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 5+ years experience working in large IT projects
- Experience working in a large public healthcare program