SalaryUSD TBD TBD
We are always looking for excellent school leadership talent. While this is not an immediate opening, we welcome your application to begin the conversation about future opportunities that may arise.
At Uncommon Schools, we know running exceptional schools takes more than great instruction—it also takes exemplary operations! Uncommon Schools' Directors of Operations work relentlessly to ensure that our faculty maximizes time and energy on student achievement. We design, implement, and refine systems that anticipate the needs of our school community. As service-oriented leaders, we solve problems, share best practices across campuses, and respond to urgent needs. We partner to create an academic and cultural environment which supports our ultimate goal: ensuring that every student will earn a college degree.
As Director of Operations (DOO), you will co-lead a school alongside the Principal, partnering to ensure your students receive an exemplary education. You will be managed by an Associate Chief Operating Officer and will lead a team of operations staff (including but not limited to an Office Manager, Special Projects Coordinator, Nurse, and Custodian). At Uncommon, our DOOs are deeply committed to leading their schools in operations leadership, school culture, and family and community engagement:Operations Leadership
- Leads all aspects of school operations, including facilities, food and transportation services, school schedules, rosters, student information database, visitors, payroll, and benefits;
- Manages operations staff and ensures the smooth operation of the main office;
- Ensures school-wide compliance with health and safety laws, charter contracts, state education mandates, teacher certification, and federal and state workplace regulations;
- Leads student recruitment efforts to ensure fiscal solvency of the school;
- Collaborates with the Home Office's Information Technology Team to ensure a fully functioning technology infrastructure;
- Creates and oversees the school’s budget, finances, and relationships with outside vendors;
- Ability to use data to drive improvements in systems and operations.
- Build a joyful and rigorous school culture;
- Support the Principal in fostering consistency in academic and behavioral expectations;
- Ensure that traditions and rituals that support the college mission are built and maintained, grade by grade, year to year.
- Communicates regularly with families about their children's performance, school policies, trips, and events;
- Builds and fosters relationships with community leaders and organizations, including maintaining robust database of community organizations.
- Passion to improve the minds, characters, and lives of students both in and out of school;
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, in order to continuously improve school operations;
- Proactive, strategic problem-solver who is able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment, often while balancing competing priorities;
- Grit, personal responsibility, and a dedication to continual professional growth;
- High quality communications skills with multiple audiences including teachers, students, families, vendors, and colleagues.
- 4 or more years of work experience;
- School-based or other educational experience preferred;
- Project planning experience required, with proven ability to see large projects through to completion;
- Experience managing others preferred;
- A Bachelor's degree is required.
Uncommon Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive.We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Finance Director - Operations
Director, Commercial Operations