SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Title: Sr. Staff Engineer - Fulfillment OptimizationLocation: Boston, MA Type: Perm Job #: KR303364215 Note: This job is not open to C2C or 3rd party candidates. IGNW is an engineering-based resourcing company headquartered in Portland, OR with GEO based teams in Seattle, WA / Austin & Dallas, TX / Southeast US / California. We have global partnerships to deliver the industry's top technical solutions and talent to every one of our clients. Some of our strategic partnerships include Google Cloud, Hashicorp, Puppet, Cisco, and Docker. WHY IGNW? So many reasons, one being IGNW being voted Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2020 across the U.S. and eight other countries. See the details here https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/glassdoor-best-places-to-work-2020 . IGNW also earned the Best of Staffing Award for providing remarkable service to job seekers, hiring managers and current Contractors. Check it out! https://www.bestofstaffing.com/agency/ignw/ Take a look and see if this is a match. or any other jobs posted! Project Scope: Our client has an immediate need for a Sr. Staff Engineer with the following skills and experience: Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership for a team of 20+ software engineers responsible for the platforms that model the supply chain capabilities across company and third-party partners, building streams to capture change events in our network, services to pre-compute customer-facing dates, and APIs for teams to access the pre-computed data.
- Architect and implement robust, well-tested services.
- Provide technical design and code reviews for peers within your team and across the broader Fulfillment Optimization org.
- Provide insights into opportunity areas for the platform, influencing priorities and team roadmaps in close partnership with Engineering and Product leadership.
- Identify and implement new tools, technologies, and processes to accelerate developer velocity within our teams.
- Broad experience architecting and implementing robust, distributed web applications and event-based systems (10+ years or equivalent track-record).
- Track-record of being a hands-on developer efficiently building technically sound systems.
- Experience with Test Automation and Test Authoring.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI/CD) practices and tools (Buildkite, Jenkins, etc.).
- Experience architecting solutions leveraging distributed infrastructure (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience leveraging monitoring and logging technologies (e.g. DataDog, Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, etc.).
- Experience with various data serialization formats (i.e. Avro, Parquet, protobufs, etc.) and analytical databases (i.e. BigQuery, Presto, Hive, etc.).
- Preferably, familiarity with machine-learning or data-science techniques.