Job#: 1245369 Job Description: Lab Associate Opening in Beverly, MA!Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.Apex has an opportunity for a Lab Associate role located in Beverly, MA. This is a 6+ month contract to hire position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details: For applicants who are interested in this Lab Associate opportunity; please send a Word resume to Katie at Position: Lab Associate Apex Job ID: 1114281Location: Beverly, MARate: Negotiable based on experience Duration: 6+ month contract to hirePosition Description:The Lab Associate will be responsible for basic job functions such as kit assembly. The Lab Associate will also need to be proficient in the basic use of laboratory tools such as Pipette use, use of conductivity and pH probes, and basic scale and balance use, as well as automated laboratory equipment. Carry out standard operating procedures involving basic job functions of kit assembly and equipment operation and record keeping necessary to manufacture products as instructed. This position largely interacts with equivalent levels of personnel in the manufacturing area. Job performance will involve a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Labeling and final assembly of kitting materials per order specifications.
- Basic kit assembly following approved Bill of Materials (BOMs), work travelers, and work instructions.
- Complete production components and finished products in accordance with the production schedule.
- Communicate problems to management and the team and assist in identifying variables and offering resolutions.
- Use of basic manually operated laboratory equipment such as pipettes, pH and conductivity probes, balances and scales as well as automated laboratory equipment, to include set-up, breakdown and cleaning of complex equipment
- Must follow detailed written and oral instructions
- Keep Supervisor and team members informed on the status of assigned production processes.
- Record keeping includes but is not limited to notebooks and work order documents.
- Perform general stockroom, shipping, receiving and inventory duties as needed
- Ability to work in all areas within Shipping & Receiving and perform any necessary job duties as assigned
- Follow all recommended safety measures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary to successfully complete tasks and duties assigned is mandatory. The ability to make coordinated hand and finger movements to grasp and manipulate objects
- Physical demands can include continuous standing, walking, sitting, reaching, bending, working and reaching overhead, or working under conditions such as heat, cold.
- May need to lift or move up to 50 pounds unassisted at times, 70 pounds with assistance
- Ability to operate manual material handling equipment.
- Basic computer literate skills to enter and retrieve data required, experience with ERP systems (Epicor, SAP, Syteline etc) preferred but not mandatory
- Good communication skills, flexibility and dependability is required
- Must have patience and focus performing repetitive tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Must work well with others and maintain good attendance record.
- Entry level position requiring limited experience in bio-tech field preferred, but not mandatory
- High School diploma or GED required. College coursework with a background in molecular biology or chemistry preferred but not mandatory, and/or equivalent combination of education and minimum 1 year related bio-tech experience