SourceNetVision Resources Inc.
Description of Work: This Network Engineer will be working on cutting edge network design and operations. This position will support various customers within Health Solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to learn, grow, and be a part of a first class organization working on complex, leading edge network technology. Position is responsible for providing engineering expertise for complex multi-service networking. The network engineer is responsible for engineering, and supporting of the network design, deployment and operations for a large government customer located in Baltimore, Maryland. This position may require from 25% to 50% travel to various domestic customer locations.
- Network Engineers will report to Project Managers and Service Delivery Managers.
- Surveys network requirements of remote field offices (approx.1950 sites) and campus building. Define network/wireless LAN (WLAN) equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations.
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre-engineered design templates.
- Plan, prepare and execute site survey for WLAN/NAC implementation.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Manage field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete site surveys and installations.
- Continually review customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionally, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions. Test LAN/WAN/WLAN/NAC equipment software (i.e.: IOS, CatOS)
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer's network/system performance or reliability, and to improve the customer's service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects. Maintain deployment schedules. Provide guidance to team members. Provide status metrics to Government customer and Peraton management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Written
- Network experience
- Experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium to large enterprise networks
- Demonstrate an understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis