SourceNetVision Resources Inc.
Description of Work: Client is seeking an EMC SMARTS System Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The qualified candidate will develop, support, and maintain EMC SMARTS process.
- Develop PERL Script using SMARTS API interface
- Design and implement data and systems integrations with SMARTS
- Configure monitoring for Windows servers using Windows WMI and WinRM protocols
- Utilize network performance tools detect network performance problems.
- Make changes/update to SMARTS to reflect the current state of the enterprise IT infrastructure
- Upgrade Existing VMware environments to the latest versions
- Install VMWare, on to the new and existing servers.
- Create, integrate, validate, evaluate, and test new or existing JAVA, PHP, and CSS scripts for the HP Smarts network management and monitoring product.
- Troubleshoot and Resolve VMWare Operating System-based issues from Performance to Configuration
- Backing up and Protecting VMware environments using platform-specific tools
- Work with networking and routing protocols such as TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, etc., Network Management tools, such as Cisco Prime, and event message formats, such as SNMPv3 Traps, SYSLOG, and Log-Files.
- Develop and support of the EMC SMARTS monitoring platform
- Maintaining current EMC SMARTS installation
- Maintaining SMARTS user interface
- Perform product updates, upgrades and apply patches to the application and the underlying platform
- Working with different service owners to logically group individual data points into actionable categories
- Proactively identifying gaps within the monitoring solution and remediating those gaps
- Working with service owners to filter irrelevant data and alerts
- Manage and work in a UNIX operating system and services environment.
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management tools, perform server patch management.
- Notify Government representative of issues involving performance of the application and operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Ensure that SSA programs have appropriate levels of security in place to separate (air gap) Peraton and SSA data. Ensure that SSA data is not compromised on Peraton systems. Enforce all HIPAA compliance requirements on all Peraton-owned assets. Harden Peraton systems appropriately to ensure all security requirements are enforced. Become knowledgeable on the HIPAA policies and procedures for the program and ensure awareness of HIPAA breach process
- Experience/understanding of the Windows WMI and WinRM protocols
- Experience creating reports with the EMC (VMWare) SMARTS M&R module (formerly called WatcNet)
- Experience with PERL Script development using SMARTS API interface
- Experience using software version control systems such as Subversion
- Experience in design and implementation of data and systems integrations with EMC (VMware) SMARTS