SourceNetVision Resources Inc.
Description of Work: Client is seeking a Server Load Balancing Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. Put your years of experience into a future of excellence. This Network Engineer will be working on cutting-edge server load balancing network design and operations. This position will support various customers within Health Solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to support and be a part of a first-class organization working on complex, leading-edge network technology. The position is responsible for providing engineering expertise for complex server load balancing, geographically load distribution networking. The network engineer is responsible for engineering and supporting the load balancing network design, deployment, and operations for a large government customer located in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Designs and plans F5 Server Load Balancing systems and determine implementation requirements.
- Develops implementation strategies, plans and processes for migration of the Server Load Balancing systems from data center to data center.
- Evaluates potential Server Load Balancing products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Review the customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the server load balancing platform.
- Tests newly released equipment software and operating system for security vulnerabilities and make changes to mitigate the risk.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for Server Load Balancing architecture for the enterprise.
- Develops documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of server load balancing server installations and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and PERATON management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
- Must possess the F5 Certified Technology Specialist or Solutions Expert Level Certification.
- A seasoned industry professional with 3 -5 years of hands-on server load balancing experience in medium to large enterprise networks.
- Experience with network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers
- Experience installing and configuring network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
- Experience with the communication network using TCP/IP protocol.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis