SourceNetVision Resources Inc.
PostgreSQL - Database Infrastructure AdministratorMaryland, Woodlawn, 21207 Woodlawn USA
Description of Work:
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements to planning and deploying test and production systems.
- Administration of PostgreSQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Analyze/Develop a business description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems, including Business Requirements Documents and supporting documents, diagrams, data, and database specification.
- Assist the project/application manager with release, configuration, and change management activities.
- Provide advice and support to development resources.
- Liaise with business customers and business analysts to support the design of intuitive end-user reporting.
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to group members and will be expected to help develop and support mid and junior-level staff.
- Scheduled for after-hours on-call support and will be required to apply production packages during non-peak hours.
- Experience in database infrastructure tasks on Linux/Unix operating systems with demonstrated experience in each of the following:
- Installing databases preferably on-premise and Cloud PostgreSQL
- Designing/developing/maintaining database schemas
- Converting database schemas from on-premise DB2 or Oracle databases to PostgreSQL database structures.
- Writing data conversion scripts from on-premise DB2 or Oracle databases to PostgreSQL database structures.
- Developing, writing, and testing of Linux or Bash scripts for startup, shutdown, backups, database scripts, and other scripting as required
- Experience in database administration tasks such as DB analysis, maintenance, development, and reporting