SalaryUSD TBD TBD
- Installs, upgrades, and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change.
- Assembles, installs and configures systems and equipment in accordance with site assessments and schematics.
- Completes system programming and optimization as part of the installation process.
- Completes final commissioning and integrated acceptance testing of electrical systems and associated equipment.
- Performs routine system maintenance and analysis functions, including hardware configurations and adding, removing and replacing equipment components.
- Travels frequently to customer sites in performance of duties.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- 2+ years of experience in customer service or related experience.
- A+ce Certification (could accept Network+, Security+ or CISSP)
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.