SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
iQuasar is seeking to fill Information Assurance/Security Specialist for our customer in Patuxent River, MD. At iQuasar, we strive to provide the next generation of cutting-edge technologies. Our growth means exciting career opportunities for talented professionals in engineering, software development, and other key areas. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, matching 401k plan, and other benefits given below, excellent training, and a vibrant working environment. Our employees are exceptional, giving us a competitive advantage by innovating solutions with a strong sense of mission and integrity.One of our clients inPatuxent River, MD needs an Information Assurance/Security Specialist for a permanent position.Position: Information Assurance/Security Specialist
- Location: Patuxent River, MD
- Position Type: Permanent position
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program.
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave.
- Provide support to ISSMs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with DoD policies.
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation.
- Provide security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware.
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system.
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance.
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS).
- Conduct validations and evaluate cybersecurity packages.
- Experience with Défense in Depth principles/technology, including access control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, and network and enterprise security architecture.
- Experience applying risk assessment methodology to system development.
- Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy, including business impact.
- Experience preparing security plans for using an enterprise-wide security architecture that includes the design of cryptographic solutions.
- Experience developing integrated security services management, including assessing and auditing, network penetration testing, anti-virus planning, risk analysis, and incident response.
- Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
- Experience providing evaluation, review, and testing of security policies and procedures.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience is required.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAM Level I or higher is required.
- Must be able to obtain IAM Level III certification within 6 months.
- Must get a Navy Qualified Validator certificate within 6 months.
- Interim Secret Clearance required with an ability to get a Top-Secret Clearance.
- Must be committed to developing and adhering to best practices.
- Must be a solutions-oriented team player and must possess a high level of self-initiative.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Holiday/Annual/Sick/Personal Leave
- Short-Term/ Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Generous 401(k) Company Plan
- Education Assistance
- Professional Development Programs Reimbursement