SalaryUSD $100,000 - $120,000 100000 - 120000
Candidates MUST have Cost Estimating experience. "We tend to get a lot of resumes that have cost related aspects, such as budget analysts, financial analysts, or even Earned Value Management (EVM) experience. The type of person we’re looking has to have had weapon system cost estimating experience, such as developing Program Life Cycle Cost Estimates (PLCCE), or has used Cost Estimating tools, such as ACEIT (Automated Cost Estimating Integration Tools). If there are resumes that reference either of those, then we’d be interested. Developing a budget is not what we’re looking for." Also looking for experience in Naval Weapons Systems, FMS, etc. ResponsibilitiesApplies diversified knowledge of weapons systems cost estimating principles and practices in areas of assignments. Work requires the modification and extension of existing methodologies and may require the use of advanced techniques. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection and adaptation and or modification of methodologies and tools. Normally receives technical guidance or consults with senior cost analysts on unusual or complex problems. Work requires the technical capability to assess the cost and schedule implications of existing and projected technological advances, as well as being able to evaluate the impact of new and innovative acquisition strategies. QualificationsREQUIREMENTS:
- 3-10 years of relevant experience and a BA/BS degree.
- Must have as a minimum, a BS/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Science (Physics or Chemistry only) or Mathematics.
- Regardless of the degree field, a minimum of 24 semester credit hours in quantitative analysis courses are required.
- At least three (3) years of weapons system acquisition cost analysis experience is required.
- Security clearance: Secret
- Experience in developing DoD cost estimates (Independent Government Cost Estimates and Life Cycle Cost Estimates) with minimal technical requirements documentation
- Proficient in Excel Cost Model Development and proficient in Word for Cost Estimate Documentation
- Able to travel approximately 10% or once each quarter during the year