SalaryUSD 75000-100000USD 75000-100000USD
Information Systems Internal AuditorMaryland, Hanover, 21076 Hanover USA
Job Summary: The Information Systems Internal Auditor will support the Sr. Risk Manager and the Lead Internal Auditor as well as several affiliated entities and their teams with their information systems management needs. The Information Systems Internal Auditor will create, assist, audit, and review policies, processes and procedures related to information systems/technology, information security, risk, and compliance across the organization. This position will report to the Lead Internal Auditor and engage in Internal Audit activities as well as provide Internal Audit services, planning, support, evaluation, and recommendations to many cross company functions. Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Lead day-to-day Information System / Information Security internal audit activities.
- Audit areas often include but are not limited to systems continuity, network security, diverse applications, implementations and upgrades, database reviews, logical access reviews, physical access reviews, firewall and other network device reviews, as well as virtual or cloud computing.
- Partner with and closely support information systems teams.
- Provide evaluation of and assurance for information systems reliability and quality of information.
- Identify industry-accepted best practices/firm-established processes and provide guidance and assistance to all stakeholders to direct and implement information systems audit remediation activities.
- Assist in interviewing persons in areas under audit to gain understanding of how processes, internal controls, and the information systems operate; provide written documentation of processes back to key stakeholders for input/remediation.
- Test internal controls and assess the adequacy of the execution of associated key control processes for information systems and technology applications. Conclude on these testing procedures performed and present recommendations based on results.
- Create and maintain required project documentation and a library of relevant templates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Audit / Risk Management / IT
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful and progressive work experience in services industry
- Work experience should be from any one (or several) of the following areas: audit, consulting, risk management, IT
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflict
- Ability to relate to all levels in an organization
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- MS Office advanced experience
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibits reasoned decision making
- Continuous drive towards process improvement and efficiency
- Build Relationships
- Develop People
- Lead Change
- Inspire Others
- Think Critically
- Communicate Clearly
- Create Accountability