Job#: 1224622 Job Description: We are searching for a Lab Tech (Protein) to join a growing biotech company in Gaithersburg, MD!Title: Lab Tech (Protein)Location: Gaithersburg, MD (on-site)Type: 6 Month Contract to HireOverview:Collaboratively work with members of the Quality Control and Polymer groups to support the design, expression, and purification of proteins for downstream studies. Aid in R&D projects to reach key deliverables.Responsibilities:
- Protein expression and purification (under the supervision of the Senior Scientist) for downstream biochemical and biophysical analysis
- Use molecular biology/cloning techniques to design protein constructs which result in efficient purification schemes of membrane proteins
- Prepare necessary raw materials in laboratory processes e.g., buffers, solvents, media, etc.
- Perform pilot / microscale experiments to find conditions to improve protein expression, stability, and yield with downstream processes in mind
- Perform robust data analysis of data from lab experiments and being responsible for documentation and reporting of technical progress and results in detail
- Collaboratively work with team members within the Protein group and from other groups within the R&D division to provide research plans, perform and analyze additional experiments, and present the results to the department and / or the R&D team.
- Be accountable for project deliverables and communicate status and other related information to management and project team members.
- Be focused on details and efficiency in the laboratory as well as having an interdisciplinary approach to the tasks at hand while exercising good laboratory practice.
- BS or MS degree in Biochemistry
- 1-2 years of experience working in an industry bio-technology research laboratory
- Knowledge and experience with protein expression systems and aseptic techniques
- Experience with a wide range of analytical tools and techniques for use in a laboratory, incl. FPLC, HPLC, Stopped-Flow, DLS, microscopy