Job ID: 2117530Location: FORT MEADE , MD , US Date Posted: 2021-11-10Category: Engineering and SciencesSubcategory: Systems EngineerSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: Yes, 10 % of the TimeMinimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with PolyClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: TS/SCI with PolyPotential for Remote Work: NoDescription Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of the partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise. We have a current requirement for a Principle Systems Engineer at the customer's Fort George G. Meade Maryland complex in support of a Non-Traditional SIGINT Sensor Team. The engineer will coordinate all aspects of the deployment of sensors to include customer requirement analysis, solution planning, risk/gain analysis, sensor deployment, data flow analysis and verification, operational testing, risk mitigation, and transition to current operations. The selected individual will:
- Provide systems engineering, program planning, and mission management support to customer's SIGINT sensor operations organization.
- Prepare draft concept of operations documents, task schedules and other program development and planning documentation for team engineers and integrators.
- Monitor and report on project status, providing program assistance to ensure project success throughout the entire project life cycle.
- Gather project requirements from users.
- Provide technical and programmatic analysis of proposed projects and provides recommendations for alternative solutions and schedules to government for consideration.
- Monitor and investigate new technological developments and meets with vendors to provide the government customer with management, support, and technical assistance related to project procurement, integration, sustainment, risk mitigation and testing of customer's systems and will provide advice on both technical and resource issues.
- Bachelor's degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 20 years of general systems engineering experience, a Master's degree or PhD in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 years of general systems engineering experience, or a high school diploma or GED with a minimum of 24 years of general systems engineering experience.
- Ability to deconstruct top-level requirements to functional requirements for systems solutions that account for technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Ability to support management in the planning, de-confliction, and deployment of SIGINT systems for operations in coordination with supported government customer and other government department and agency partners.
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical planning, systems integration, data verification and validation, data flow, cost and risk analysis, and supportability/effectiveness analysis for newly integrated systems
- Knowledgeable of SIGINT sensor systems, SIGINT collection and processing methods
- Strong personal communications skills, self-motivated, team player.
- This is a full time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Practical experience managing both program and technical issues for multiple on going SIGINT projects
- Experience in collaborating with peer organizations and representing customer's projects to external organizations
- Ability to successfully advocate for customers positions while maintain collegial relationships with stakeholders
- Experience working with organizations to overcome barriers to success and create shared solutions
- Knowledge of System Security Accreditation processes and standards
- Experience with hardware/software development especially with communications related systems