SalaryUSD TBD TBD
About DMIDMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is a global technology solutions company that specializes in digital strategy, design, transformation and support. Utilizing expertise from six unique DMI Groups, in the areas of AI & Analytics, Commerce, Experience, Managed Services, Transformation, and Government, DMI delivers intelligent digital transformation solutions that meet organizations where they are. Born digital, DMI has been delivering mission-critical, enterprise grade solutions since 2002 for over a hundred Fortune 1000 enterprises and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI has grown to 2,000+ employees globally and has been continually recognized by top industry analysts as market leader as well as a Top Place to Work by the Washington Post. DMInc.com | Careers | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook About the Opportunity DMI (Digital Management, LLC.) is looking for a Junior Firewall Engineer to support our client in Maryland. The Junior Firewall Engineer will be responsible for the installation, administration, and support of security solutions for the State of Maryland DoIT Security Operations Center (SOC) with a special focus on enterprise firewall services. This role will be responsible for performing the following tasks: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and configuration for firewall solutions.
- Brake-fix troubleshooting and support for firewall solutions.
- Patch/upgrade monitoring, reviews, maintenance for firewall solutions.
- Administration and support of firewall operational and security audits logs.
- Analyzing requirements and defining and implementing firewall rules and policies.
- Configuration, maintenance, and support of additional firewall services such as URL filtering, Malware Sandboxing Analysis, Threat Intelligence Feeds, Threat Prevention, User ID etc.
- Administration and support of alerts, dashboards, and reporting for firewall solutions.
- Monitoring firewall alerts and dashboards raising incidents accordingly.
- Provide firewall log correlation support for emerging and retroactive security incident investigations.
- Develop roles-based Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) documents.
- At least ten (5) years of experience in a computer related field.
- At least five (2) years of progressive experience in implementation and support of firewall technologies.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related scientific or technical discipline.
- Experience with Palo Alto and Juniper Firewalls.
- Knowledge of architecture and design options for firewall solutions.
- Knowledge of network security architecture, design, and implementation best-practices.
- Familiarity with and/or integration other security tools such IDS/IPS, SIEM, NACs, VPN etc.
- Customer-oriented with excellent issue follow-through and resolution abilities.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to plan and execute technical changes.
- Good written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively work both autonomously as well as on a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated.
- Security+, Palo Alto ACE, and Juniper JNCIS-SEC certifications
- Ability to perform technical analysis/review and recommendation of security technologies.
- Community - Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community.
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience.
- Development - Annual performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development.
- Financial - Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee.
- Recognition - Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness - Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options.