SalaryUSD TBD TBD
GEICO's IT DevOps organization is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, and service delivery oriented DevOps Technical Supervisor to join our leadership team. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of DevOps engineers who will provide full infrastructure life cycle support for our applications hosted in Azure. Core responsibilities for the team will be application onboarding, infrastructure provisioning and maintaining, ensuring business continuity, defining and enforcing application support best practices, cloud cost management, and provide availability support via on-call duties.Required Qualifications
- Sound technical knowledge, strategic/analytical thought process, articulative in problem-solving and decision making backed with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in project and team management across multiple simultaneous mission-critical projects with aggressive timelines.
- Proven experience in instrumenting key engineering artifacts such as developing design documents, standards/best practices, KPIs, Agile, and decisions tree within the team.
- Ability to work closely with Enterprise/Application architects and Platform providers (Microsoft, DevOps Core, DB, CICD) often acting as a liaison to deliver robust and compliant solutions.
- Establishing goals and developing plans to continually improve every individual performance.
- Proven knowledge in Azure environment & its service offerings to manage a team that will design, document, and implement highly scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions.
- Ability to establish and enforce infrastructure health diagnostics and optimization through robust monitoring, automation, and capacity planning.
- Ability to drive troubleshooting across multiple tiers and enforce DevOps operational standards wherever applicable.
- Must be able to manage a 24x7 support team for mission-critical systems.
- Working knowledge of AKS or other similar container solutions.
- Proven experience working with an offshore team to cover night and weekend shifts.
- Certification in relevant technologies such as Azure, Agile, PMP, and etc.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related fields, or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures