SalaryUSD TBD TBD
DescriptionJob Description:Are you ready to work on a project that can potentially change the world? Join us at Leidos, where we FIGHT for our employees, one round at a time!You will enjoy great benefits such as 5 weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Unlimited Education and Training Support, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Disability Leave, Safe work environments AND a 20k Sign on Bonus for this position upon funding and hire onto the program!Program SummaryPending contract award, the Leidos Intelligence Group will have a career opportunity for a Cloud Design Engineer on a new, large, multi-year contract for systems engineering, integration, software development, testing, configuration management and training to develop, modernize and sustain Mission Management, Mission Assessment, Sensor Control and Execution (Mission Execution), and Sensor Cognizance functions within our customer environment.Position SummaryThe Cloud Design Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse Web-Based User Interfaces that interact with Big-Data Cloud systems based upon documented requirements. Directly contributes to all stages of designing, implementing and testing Web-Based User Interfaces that expose data for Big-Data Cloud Based infrastructure using Hadoop Eco-System. Provides expertise in Cloud Technologies, Distributed Computing and how to best display data produced by these technologies. Cloud Designer implements Graphical Web-Based User Interface with usability, security, and performance in mind. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse.The Cloud Design Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provides in-depth knowledge of Information Retrieval; assisting the software development team in designing, developing and testing Cloud Information Retrieval
- Propose new ways of analyzing data stored in Cloud Big Table
- Propose new ways of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- Oversees one or more software development tasks and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Ensure quality control of all developed and modified software
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Eight (8) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required; two (2) years of which must be in programs utilizing Big-Data Cloud technologies and/or Distributed Computing.
- Four (4) years of cloud software engineering experience on projects with similar Big-Data systems may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Master in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer certification may be substituted for one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- Two (2) year of Web-Based applications that retrieves/stores data in a Cloud Data System
- Two (2) year of building applications that comply with modern Web 2.0 standards
- Two (2) years of Cloud and/or Distributed Computing Information Retrieval (IR).
- One (1) year working with data stored in Cloud Big Table
- One (1) year of analyzing data stored in Cloud Distributed File System
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.