SourceGeneral Dynamics Information Technology
Type of Requisition: PipelineClearance Level Must Currently Possess: SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: SecretSuitability: No Suitability Required Public Trust/Other Required: NoneJob Family: CloudJob Description: GDIT is seeking a Technical and Cloud Architect to establish and support a successful hybrid-cloud computing strategy. A successful candidate will provide technical subject matter expertise within both data center and cloud Application Development (DevSecOps), Infrastructure & Network Support and related Cybersecurity Support, and will research, evaluate and recommend technical enhancements and innovations that improve operational efficiency, licensing costs, and cybersecurity posture. Be the primary point-of-contact for the government technical leadership and work in tandem to ensure the successful technical operations. Identify and delineate technical work requirements based on mission requirements, Government interactions, and program analysis. Create and present technical briefings to Government senior leaders and technical/functional stakeholders. Advise the Government in technical operations, including development of decision-making artifacts, such as Analysis of Alternatives and Business/Mission Impact Analyses. In coordination with other program leadership, create appropriate teams and organize resources to successfully execute work requests and solve technical problems. Coordinate with program leadership to ensure appropriate skilled resources are applied to various projects to ensure projects are on time and under budget. Candidate is expected to be on the client site at Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) a few days of the week. In this role, responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary point of contact responsible for all aspects of the planning and execution of all technical requirements supporting application development, DevSecOps, infrastructure, network, and cybersecurity both in Azure cloud and on-premises.
- Optimize processes to maximize technical efficiency across the program, including process automation and functional integration efforts.
- Develop and submit high level architectural artifacts and deliverables for the technical staff and to government client customer.
- Develop strategy of system and design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy.
- Inform upper management of potential technical problems and identify problem trends, and recommend solutions.
- Develop design specifications, timelines, dependencies and integration path for projects
- Identify technologies, strategies, systems and applications that will improve center functions/processes, both in Azure cloud and on-premises.
- Remain abreast of emerging technologies; practically apply your expertise to bring innovation to the client and program both in Azure cloud and on-premises.
- Guide testing strategy development and evaluate effectiveness and improvement opportunities.
- Support Agile/SCRUM workplace methodology and provide all recommendations and guidance in alignment with Agile implementation.
- An active Secret security clearance is required to begin employment
- Experience overseeing software/ application, infrastructure/network support, and/ or cybersecurity solution development in Azure Cloud and on-premises
- Experience supporting the U.S. Army Communications Electronics Command is highly preferred
- BA/BS degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field
- ITIL 4 certification/experience preferred
- 5+ years of applicable experiende in network/infrastructure engineering, cybersecurity, and application development
- 2 years of experience working with DevSecOps technologies and toolsets
- 2 years of experience working in Azure cloud environment
- 2 years of experience managing technical teams, projects, and activities
- Must possess problem solving skills, as well as an ability to design, develop and implement process improvements and innovative solutions and must be able to communicate effectively to the Government
- Ability to write technical/price proposals, statements of work, technical Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documents and other project-related documentation
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
- Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
HPCMP INTEGRATED TECHNICAL SERVICES -RESTRICTED (HITS-R) CONTRACT