SourceAuburn-Washburn USD 437
TITLE:Lunch Aide - Elementary
REPORTS TO:Building Food Service Manager
SUMMARY: To assist the Food Service Manager in developingand maintaining a cafeteria climate that is safe, happy,friendly, and helpful.
1. Monitor student cafeteria behavior and correct behavior when appropriate.
2. Refer chronic misbehavior to the Food Service Manager.
3. Provide minor cafeteria housekeeping duties (wipe tables, clean minor spills, etc.).
4. Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Manager.
5. Comply with safety procedures to reduce the potential for personal injury or damage to district equipment.
6. Knowledge and execution of principles and processes for providing customer services including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
7. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
8. Regular, in person, attendance and punctuality are required.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 3 hours/day, 9 months/year
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the Building Food Service Manager.
1.Ability to read and interpret written informationpertaining to the lunchroom.
2.Personality attributes appropriate to the schoolsetting.
3.Ability and desire to assist students in developingand maintaining appropriate cafeteria behavior.
4. Ability to use sound judgment and work on feet atleast three hours daily.
1. Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist, requires full use of thelower extremities and back muscles.
2. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
3. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
4. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
5. Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10pounds of force frequently,and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
6. Visual acuity based on the criteria of accuracy and neatness of work for janitors, sweepers, etc.
7. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Lunch Aide for Grades K-6
Food Service Worker for Grades K-12
Certified Nursing Aide