SourceAuburn-Washburn USD 437
School Nurse Substitute (RN required) @ DistrictwideKansas, Topeka, 66601 Topeka USA
TITLE: School Health Nurse - Substitute
REPORTS TO: Principal of the building (s) assigned
JOB GOAL: Assist students, families and the school community to achieve optimal levels of wellness through health assessments, referrals, and appropriately designed and delivered health education.
1. Maintain individual student health records in accordance with the Health Protection and Promotion Act (HPPA), utilizing the District’s computerized information system.
2. Establish and maintain a comprehensive school health program.
3. Collaborate with other school professionals, parents and care givers to meet the health, developmental, and educational needs of clients.
4. Utilize a district clinical knowledge base for decision-making in nursing practice.
5. Contribute to the education of the client with special health needs by assessing the client, planning and providing appropriate nursing care, and evaluating the identified outcomes of care.
6. Collaborate with members of the community in the delivery of health and social services, and utilize knowledge of community health systems and resources to function as a school-community liaison.
7. Contribute to nursing and school health through innovations in practice and participation in research or research-related activities.
8. Delegate, train, and supervise health clerk.
9. Collaborate with the building principal and/or Director of Student Services in the selection and scheduling of school health personnel.
10. Monitor and review health policies and procedures.
11. Assist the Director of Student Services in revising and updating district health policies and procedures in accordance with state and federal (nursing and educational) guidelines.
12. Use a systematic approach to problem-solving in nursing practice.
13. Use effective written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
14. Identify, delineate, and clarify the nursing role, promote quality of care, pursue continued professional enhancement, and demonstrate professional conduct.
15. Interpret laws and regulations pertaining to the health of the school age child.
16. Facilitate and/or supervise the provision of special education services to studentswith disabilities as documented on individual education plans, as directed through Student Improvement Teams and as delegated by building and district administration.
The School Health Nurse may not diagnose.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:On call/as needed.
SALARY: $21.20/hour (RN)
QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse currently licensed by the Kansas Board of Nursing.
1. Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
2. Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
3. Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
4. Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
5. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Work involves sitting most of the time.
6. Visual AcuityClerical, Administrative: Work deals largely with preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal reading, visual inspection involving small details, using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
7. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Auburn-Washburn USD 437 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Auburn-Washburn USD 437 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Auburn-Washburn USD 437’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
School Nurse Substitute (RN required) @ Districtwide
School Bus Para Substitute
School Nurse (RN) @ Washburn Rural Middle School