SalaryUSD TBD TBD
100% REMOTE Incident Manager opening! Apex Systems currently has an opening for a remote Incident Manager with one of our top clients. If interested please send a resume to !Major Incident Manager 100% Remote Description: You will be responsible for following the Major Incident and Problem Management processes which are facilitated by driving high priority incident resolution efforts, root cause analyses, and problem remediation, ensuring the implementation of a permanent fix in the production environment. This individual will direct various technical teams to guide them in their remediation efforts during critical priority incidents and through the problem management phases of the IT service management lifecycle, leveraging best practices according to the ITIL framework. The ideal candidate should have a passion for working with various groups and technologies and is technically creative in leveraging the boundaries of existing assets and personnel. Responsibilities
- Act as a Major Incident Manager during Incidents and other broadly impacting events.
- Managing incident bridge calls, facilitating incident chats with close to real time information, drafting and sending timely communications, escalation to senior management and driving work-streams to mitigate the impact of an incident.
- Facilitate industry-standard Root Cause Analysis (RCA) exercises as a result of Critical/Major Incidents and initiate the Problem Management cycle.
- Collaborate with Architecture, DevOps, Application Development and Infrastructure teams to identify the root cause for recurring incidents and create action plans for resolution.
- Interact directly with IT leaders, Managers and key stakeholders to proactively communicate status on active Major Incidents or Problem investigations.
- Record, Coordinate, and Report on progress of Problem management items from Post Incident Reviews, RCA's and problem tasks.
- Develop; enrich and document restoration procedures to mitigate future outages and business disruptions
- Partner with other IT Lifecycle process owners to ensure alignment and the consistent and effective delivery of ITSM processes to the organization.
- Lead continue service improvement and chronic (frequent) incident process.
- Perform trend analysis to anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution.
- Write timely and accurate executive style technical communications. Providing detailed notes of highly visible production issues on a timely basis to Senior Management.