Posting DetailsBring YOUR energy to Alliant Energy!At Alliant Energy, our purpose is to serve customers and build strong communities. We are passionate about powering beyond the market challenges of today, while powering what's next in energy.When our employees say "I am energy," it means they take pride in the work we do when disaster strikes, as well as all the days in between. We reward our highly hardworking and dedicated teams and give them the support they need to ensure their safety, wellness and financial security for themselves and their families.If you'd like to work at a place where you matter and where you can use your talents and passions to advance your career, join the Alliant Energy team.What sets us apart?
- Competitive pay and an excellent benefits package
- A dedication to career growth and development
- A culture that elevates our core values of live safety, do the right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow, and think beyond - be bold.
- The chance to create a positive impact on our local communities
- Manages, coaches and mentors a team of data analytics professionals to formulate, design and create analytical projects.
- Partners with business stakeholders and the technology/cyber security teams to deeply understand business problems and drive application of analytics techniques to support business decisions.
- Leads cross-functional projects using sophisticated data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Supports analytics design decisions by taking relevant inputs from business team and defining clear plan for analytics team; pushes analytics teams to confirm assumptions, extract relevant insights and to interpret the models and outputs.
- Leads communication of analytics outputs with partners; acts as liaison management and data analytics professionals; Shares insights with business partners and collects input.
- Works collaboratively with data engineering teams as required to acquire all vital data to support project needs (data exploration, training data, feature engineering, modeling, etc)
- Responsible for the quality of business data used in the new system environment, including data coming from legacy environments.
- Continuously learn about the industry trends and keep the enterprise educated.
- Creates and leads structured methodology for agile delivery of all analytics use cases/projects.
- 5 years of proven experience (statistics, engineering, performance management, analytics, research, finance, etc.).
- 3 years supervisory experience or equivalent.
- Understanding of data exploration techniques, storytelling with data and statistical software packages
- Proven understanding of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing concrete recommendations for business units.
- Demonstrated leadership; consistent track record of leading sophisticated, multidisciplinary teams in new endeavors and delivering solutions.
- Bachelors or Master's degree with an emphasis in Information Technology, Statistics, Computer Science, Technology. Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative Modeling, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, or related area.
- Experience with sophisticated analytics, machine learning and/or digital transformation projects is preferred