Posting DetailsAlliant Energy has an outstanding opportunity for a UnixServer Administrator IIto join the team in Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA. In this role you will assist with the implementation and support of a variety of tools and infrastructure. Primarily working with several Linux or Windows Server Operating Systems.The ideal candidate assists with the design, build, implementation and support of server infrastructure and related system software and hardware, utilizing tools and products deployed on multiple technology platforms. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are vital.This position may be filled at another level depending upon individual qualifications.This position offers a blend of working from home and in the Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA office. "Work for your day" provides flexibility to work where you are the most productive. The individual must reside in either Iowa or Wisconsin.Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for this position. Job Responsibilities
- Assists with the design, evaluation, recommendation, building, and maintenance of medium to large computing services and storage environments; writes specification documents for these systems. Assists with departmental projects
- Responds to support tickets from the Help Desk within specified timeframes, uses troubleshooting tools and procedures to resolve issues, and maintains defined service levels.
- Identifies, plans, implements, and documents procedures for following Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) regulations.
- Maintains disaster recovery plans and participates in disaster recovery drills.
- Coordinates server and storage conversions, patches, and upgrades.
- Coordinates system tuning to optimize system performance and maintains defined service levels.
- Installs and maintains infrastructure services (e-mail, dynamic host configuration protocol, backup, print, patches, etc.).
- Maintains user documentation related to software/hardware on multi-user networks as well as training materials for end users.
- Provides consulting, technical guidance and information to applications development staff, computer operations staff and other corporate employees.
- Participates in a 24X7 on call rotation.
- Voices customer requirements into tasks and stories using Agile tools. Communicates with peers such that user tasks and stories are clearly understood by all partners.
- 4 years of experience in providing server and storage support in a networked environment.
- Skilled administration experience in system programming, storage, backup, SAN, monitoring, infrastructure services and high availability environments.
- Bachelor's Degree -Emphasis in information technology or related area.
- Experience with SUSE.
- Experience with Perl, Python, Docker, automation software or similar.
- Compliance experience.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.