Posting DetailsBringYOURenergy to Alliant Energy!If you enjoy challenges, have strong communication skills and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy.What sets us apart?
- Alliant Energy offers a full compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Employer Cash Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
- Year after year, Alliant Energy is recognized by major publications and foundations as a top employer and leader in the areas of equity and sustainability. This includes Newsweek's list ofMost Responsible Companies,Forbes list ofBest Midsize Employers, a perfect Corporate Equality Index Score as aBest Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equalityand being named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- Our employees make a difference through their work and personal activities. In 2021, employees, retirees and our charitable foundation collectively contributed$11.5 millionand volunteered over75,000 hours.
- Performs work on a variety of assignments, some of which require in-depth analysis to determine appropriate solution; uses a variety of complex tools and resources to solve problems.
- In addition to the requirements for Engineer II, uses tools and standards to design for safety in operating and maintaining equipment.
- Maintains an awareness of customer needs and expectations and proposes solutions. Is proactively involved in the identification and solution of problems falling within assigned area of responsibility with minimal guidance.
- Goes beyond generally accepted guidelines to analyze problems and recommend possible solutions. Assists in solving moderately complex problems by identifying new ways of using existing procedures, techniques and resources.
- Applies governmental and organizational engineering standards; makes recommendations for changing processes and procedures.
- Interprets policy and exercises discretion and judgment in resolving moderately complex problems; may assist less experienced staff in making decisions.
- Frequently uses critical thinking skills necessary to develop recommendations which provide technically sound and the most cost effective solutions applied to a specific problem.
- Demonstrates an understanding of customer and business needs and regularly develops and implements the appropriate workable solution to problems based on given budgetary and schedule constraints.
- Makes medium risk decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge with proper sign off from customer and minimal guidance form supervisor.
- Performs as a key team member who makes positive, supportive contributions on teams that deal with technical or operational problems.
- Proactively provides guidance to less experienced staff members. Has established effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, functional groups, and internal and external peers. Explains technical problems to internal stakeholders and accurately prepares detailed documents such as technical studies, project documentation for future reference, etc.
- Determines the classification of projects between capital and maintenance using the property unit catalog. Maintains working knowledge of financial and business skills including budgeting, accounting, utility economics, NPV, EBIT. Manages project budgets, including processes accruals and communicates anticipated changes in the budget; has completed COGNOS training and Utility Rate Making Concepts training.
- Bachelor's degree within an engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering accreditation Commission
- 5 years related experience
- Bachelor's degree within an engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering Accreditation Commission
- 7 years related experience
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels within the organization and external stakeholders.
Systems Test Engineer
Electrical Engineer - System Protection