The Lube and Tire Technician at Monro or General Service Tech as we call it, is an entry level Automotive Technician position and a great way to start your career at Monro. Starting day 1 you will begin a comprehensive mechanic training program, covering all aspects of your new role. As a General Service Technician, you will be an essential team member, performing maintenance services on Guest vehicles. More importantly, you will be part of a team working together to deliver 5 Star Guest experiences, while using your Technician skills to take care of people, their cars and ensure our guests have safe, reliable transportation.
Pay is based on experience plus, incentives (if applicable)Responsibilities
- Mechanic duties include: Changing, mounting, and installing tires
- Wheel removal, tire repair and balance, tire patch/plug repairs
- Quick lube type duties such as lubrication and oil change
- Inspect and rotate tires
- Basic automotive maintenance work such as battery installation
- We will train you to do alignments, brake services, and scheduled maintenance services
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- Automotive experience
- Own basic set of Mechanics tools or participate in tool purchase program
- Valid Driver license
- Positive attitude and a collaborative mindset
- Ability to work with hands overhead, stand for long periods and lift 50 lbs.
- Automotive Technician or Lube and Tire experience
- ASE automotive certification in at least one of A1-A8
- Automotive Technician State Inspector License
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development
- Employee Discounts
Your next Destination!Growth Opportunity:
At Monro we’re committed to helping our teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework, demonstrating leadership skills and open opportunities. Our Service Managers receive on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as course curriculum in Monro University that empowers them to advance to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard torace, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.