Are youa Social Worker or Certified Social Services Designee? Do you enjoy building relationships with others, and are comfortable with a variety of personalities? Do youhave excellent communication and listening skills? Are you familiar with your healthcare community and various providers? If so, consider joining Miller's as a Social Service Director.
As the Social Services Director at Miller’s, you are an important part of the leadership team and are responsible for identifying health-related psycho-social needs of the patients. You assist each patient toward a positive emotional and social adjustment to his or her condition. You are a member of the multi-disciplinary team and you develop plans, measure progress, and document in the patient record in accordance with company policy and the State and Federal regulations governing those services.
Apply if you:
· Are a licensed Social Worker or Certified Social Services Designee
· Have good organizational and communication skills.
· Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
· Are professional in appearance and behavior
· Have previous experience in health care (preferred)
· Able to work with a dedicated team
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Complete admission forms in a timely manner, per facility policy and the MDS/Care Plan schedule.
2. Maintain documentation of each resident's social service plan.
3. Counsel with residents, families, and friends on needs and problems.
4. Complete Social Service assessments and Social history on each resident within the designated time frame.
5. Assist in medication monitoring of Psychotropics: Antipsychotics, Anxiolytics, Sedatives/Hypnotics, and Antidepressants. Assist with Behavior tracking, documentation, side effect monitoring and drug reductions in accordance with State and Federal Regulations. to ensure the safety of the residents.
6. Communicate with any hospice providers and coordinate services as needed. Assist & provide support with end of life process.
7. Follow up on any Consultant recommendations.
8. Make each resident's discharge plan available to the Interdisciplinary Team. Discharge plans are maintained with the Health Care Plan. The discharge planning is to be started upon admission.
9. Coordinate resident's medical appointments and meet their needs.
10. Keep informed about community agencies and make referrals for any needs.
11. Complete allelectronic inservices as requried.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator.EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Commercial Service Technician - Training Provided - Portage, IN