SalaryUSD Depends on Experience Depends on Experience
SourceAlpha Consulting Corp.
Package Engineering Project Manager, Beverage, Consumer Packaged GoodsIllinois, Plainfield, 60544 Plainfield USA
REFERRALS ALWAYS GREATLY APPRECIATEDDIRECT CLIENT, Beverage, Consumer Packaged GoodsPACKAGE ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER PLAINFIELD, IL12 MONTHS CONTRACTOnsite: 1-3 days/week, virtual remainder of time
- The Packaging & Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end cross functional oversight for all packaging components, packaging equipment and packaging quality.
- Delivering programs on time, in full, and on budget while hitting COGs targets and maintaining quality is paramount.
- Sitting within the North American Technical organization, the Packaging & Technology Team acts as a business partner to both NA Supply and ISC as well as Innovation and Brand Change, Procurement and Conversion.
- This role will be responsible for delivering projects focusing on Value-Added Packaging, Gifting and Procurement initiatives
- This role will work in partnership with our demand, innovation and procurement teams on project plan in order to deliver the project when needed by the market. This includes technical specifications, packaging testing, and supplier collaboration.
- Packaging Lab activities will take place in the Plainfield Brand Technical Packaging Laboratory.
- As part of the end-to-end supply chain, NA Supply has an extensive network of wholly owned and Third-Party Operation sites across the US and Canada.
- In North America, the Client owns and operates a network of manufacturing, bottling, distilling and warehousing sites, wineries and vineyards.
- NA Technical is an organization of 150+ people with a $23M budget, operating across several locations within the US and Canada.
- From these locations NA Technical manages the Technical Equity for the Client NA Supply and Demand across the Client's portfolio.
- Develop technical specifications for packaging components for VAP/Gifting projects. (shippers/cartons, labels, containers, and premium components such as glassware).
- Manage specification workflows and issuance to vendors Collaborate with Procurement to understand supplier strategies to execute supplier related packaging projects. Interface with project managers, conversion sites, and warehousing operations to deliver project to the agreed upon market acceptance date.
- Execute Testing Plans specific to project details, including the management of Premiums Testing, Trial and Qualification Reports.
- Partner with others in technical to develop and finalize testing protocols.
- Conduct the technical development/due diligence of packaging components, inclusive of creation/routing/approval of any/all package specifications.
- Complete testing to ensure functional acceptability, assure regulatory and product compatibility compliance and life cycle robustness of new package components.
- Consistently demonstrates pride and commitment to the Client, behaves authentically, focuses on finding solutions, and develops trusting relationships across the organization.
- Drive and own the quality of our packaging performance from concept to consumers.
- Requires a BS in Package Engineering or related Technical Field, with demonstrated knowledge of product commercialization.
- 5+ years' experience in packaging
- Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills, working with others, communicating directly with Stake Holders and Vendor contacts and working on multiple projects at the same time.
- Packaging Materials knowledge (shippers, dividers, labels, closures, glass and PET containers)
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Adobe Acrobat software (PDF bundling)
- TOPS or CAPE software knowledge
- SAP and specification development knowledge is a plus.