SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceMedline Industries Inc
Great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of Medline's newly created TBM (Technology Business Management) function within our IT group. Reporting to the Information Services Director, the Data Analyst willsupport the TBM solution and monthly IS forecasting process for this $17B business!. This position will provide stakeholders with the knowledge to manage and communicate the cost, quality, and value of IT Services. Support the translation of costs from the general ledger in TBM tool. Facilitate the annual and monthly forecasting processes. Conduct ad-hoc data analysis and create reports for IS and Business leaders. This position is based in Northfield, but the individual may choose work out of our Mundelein or downtown Chicago office. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Import and rationalize data from systems of record such as General Ledger (SAP), Fixed Assets, Azure invoices, MS Project Online, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), etc.
- Maintain system and data integrity.
- Data analysis and reporting; provide data for analysis utilizing queries and reporting tools.
- Analysis and administration of IT expenses including vendor costs, software costs, mobile cost, cloud computing cost.
- Provide recommendations and improve reporting.
- Gather functional and business requirements and rapidly translate that information into a working set of operational and financial models, dashboards, and management reports.
- Operationalize data monthly by loading, validating, and reviewing on a timely basis.
- Conduct data quality reviews and work with source data owners and identify opportunities to clean data, improve data structures, or improve data management policies and procedures.
- Present information and reports to data owners and technology partners for data quality improvement and data load automation.
- Partner with Service and Application Owners and functional lines of business to understand needs and refine strategic TBM roadmap
- Deliver monthly IT Cost Transparency Chargeback to lines of Finance and Business Units.
- Bachelor s Degree in Information Services, Business Administration, or similar field.
- At least 2 years of technical or technology-related experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for financial modeling, analysis, and data mining.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- Excel expertise required with working experience with pivot tables, PowerQuery, Macros, and formulas (subtotals, vlookup Index-Match-Match, etc.).
- Experience writing VBA code in Excel.
- Knowledge and application of relational database concepts.
- Ability to map data sets using unique identifiers while documenting methodology.
- Adaptive to a team environment and the capability of completing complex tasks independently.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Certified Technology Business Management Executive (CTBME) Certification.
- Experience with a TBM tool (Apptio, Nicus, ClearCost, etc.).
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure domains including data centers, network/communications, server utilization, virtual environments, storage, and application development.
- Familiarity with basic financial concepts (Budgeting, forecasting, accruals, depreciation, prepaid, unit costing, etc.) .
- Knowledge of IT budgeting, forecasting and CAPEX & OPEX treatment.
- Advanced analytical and big data analysis skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Experience coordinating concurrent projects, competing priorities, and critical deadlines.