SalaryUSD TBD TBD
My name is Avinash with Experis a part of Manpower Group. I have an excellent opportunity with a direct client of ours. This opportunity is urgent and looking to move very quickly, please apply by sending your email or forwarding on to anyone you know who might be a fit. I am looking forward to connecting with you! I apologize in advance if this is out of range in terms of location. Job Title: Financial SupportLocation: North Chicago, ILDuration: 6 months (Possible Extension) Position Summary: The R&D Procure to Pay (PTP) Support Specialist provides assistance to scientists and other R&D employees in ensuring materials and services needed in daily operations are appropriately acquired.This position partners with multiple teams, including the R&D Stockrooms, Purchasing (PSM), Corporate Disbursement Operations (CDO), Accounts Payable (AP), Vendor Master team, Finance, Suppliers, etc. to fulfill approximately 400 - 600 customer orders per month. This position will track open items, troubleshoot invoice issues when necessary, and ensure close out through payment to suppliers. Responsibilities:
- Initiate orders in response to customer requests for material goods or services in company purchasing systems, e.g. SRM or LSI, including WBS associated orders.
- Partner with purchasing and CDO to resolve issues resulting from orders. Examples include discrepancies (e.g. pricing, quantity) between initial requisition, invoices, and purchase order amounts.
- Set up new suppliers, or update existing information and data, for vendors providing goods and services in the vendor management systems, e.g. LSI, cVend, etc.
- Act as a liaison between the business and suppliers to resolve order issues including damaged materials, incorrectly shipped items, returns, etc.
- Update systems, e.g. SRM, ECC, appropriately upon receipt of goods and services. Close out open orders appropriately and initiate payment to suppliers within expected timeframes, which includes providing invoice payment issue identification and resolution support for Stockrooms and R&D Community.
- Track open or outstanding orders. Follow up with customers, or suppliers as needed to ensure appropriate close out process is executed. Identify ongoing process improvements in support of accurate transactions, effective delivery of goods and services, and timely payment to suppliers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Minimum of 2 years relevant experience or an Associate's Degree with minimum 1 year relevant experience.
- 1-2 years' experience working with procurement or payments systems, preferably LSI, ACTION, SRM & ECC. Has good understanding of purchasing and payment processes and procedures.
- Strong customer services skills that support effective problem solving and issue identification & resolution.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates good analytical and critical thinking skills with strong attention to detail
- Must have good working knowledge of Excel and be able to learn new software/technology quickly
- Able to complete tasks with limited oversight and manage competing priorities effectively