SalaryUSD TBD TBD
- This Support position in an on-site position at OPC requiring shift work providing 7/24 operational support. This current opening is on afternoon shift (3pm - 11:30pm. It will require working weekends. Rotation is Sat thru Weds. (RDO's Thurs & Fri)
- This Support position in United's Digital Technology Command Center requires on-site shift work providing 7/24 operational support via pro-active monitoring. As part of the Application Recovery Team (ART), this position supports monitoring for Digital Channels, Production environments, Application Health, Distributed system support in Unix/Linux, Windows, Virtual (VMWare, HyperV), Middleware and AWS Cloud environments. Responsible for monitoring day to day application performance and availability, all aspects of united.com, systems performance and analysis of alerts from various tools and restoration of services. Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures within IT Operational Support. Relies on experience and judgment to plan for shift workload and participate in planned change activities as well as incident follow-ups. Creatively managing multiple alerts and incidents to ensure high impacting scenarios are prioritized appropriately and addressed quickly to reduce system impact. Being able to correlate events from various tools to assess appropriate level of impact.
- Responsible for providing day to day support for Application recovery and availability, Digital Channels, System Administration via pro-active monitoring for Windows and UNIX/Linux (HPUX, AIX, Solaris, Linux) environments. Understanding of various Microsoft tools is a plus. Additional monitoring and support required for critical processes in Cloud, Virtualization, Middleware, Database, Storage and Backup areas. Troubleshooting and familiarity with various Middleware components (Messaging technology, Weblogic, Websphere, DataPower) is essential. Strong knowledge of Enterprise Monitoring Tools such as AppDynamics, Big Panda, New Relic, Google Analytics, SCOM and SiteScope is critical. Familiarity with Incident Ticketing System (ServiceNow) is a plus. Responding to alerts from the enterprise monitoring tools, automation and escalation from IT Service Desk. Work with cross-functional teams throughout IT to isolate and resolve unplanned outages.
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management is required. Be able to follow Change, Incident and Problem Management activities. Solid verbal and written communication with other technical teams and the business. Able to work well with Application support, DevOps, Digital Operations Center, Server Operations, Network Operations, Middleware and Database Support teams (on-shore & off-shore), being able to respond to user reported issues. Pro-actively identify any issues with application functionality, abnormalities in digital channel performance, server hardware and software to ensure stability and availability 24X7X365. Ensure enterprise standards and security are maintained and enforced on hardware and software. Quickly and effectively support incident response process, provide troubleshooting expertise using various monitoring tools during incidents, engage in problem management follow-up and implement improvements to prevent similar incidents.
- Experience with application performance tools, enterprise .com site and mobile channel monitoring, intermediate Systems Administration experience in Unix/Linux and Windows server environment required. Good understanding of virtual technology is also a must. Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an operational support role is essential. Strong knowledge of ITSM Service Management best practices and strong written and communication skills is a must.
- Ability to independently solve application performance and system problems, be self-directed and having attention to details. Ability to capture, organize, analyze information and concurrently work with various monitoring tools. Excellent knowledge of application performance measurement, distributed computing technologies in the UNIX/Linux and Windows space is must. Be able to analyze application, systems issues and assess impact. Ensure timely communication and escalation for unresolved issues. Be able to work well in a team environment.
- 1-2 years of experience in an operational support role is essential. Strong knowledge of ITSM Service Management best practices and strong written and communication skills is a must. Being able to correlate various issues, assess impact, multi-task and escalate unresolved issues in timely manner are required critical skills. Ability to work with IT Command Center and other Support teams to quickly resolve high impacting incidents. Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of this position.