What We'll Bring:Lead development of analytic solutions to address fraud in financial services with focus on consumer fraud. Consult on and demonstrate value of solutions and their optimal use for combatting fraud across life cycle of financial services products. Manage development and support for data and Data Science assets.Through proficient and innovative work with Data Science and advanced analytic treatment, create models, model ensembles, attributes, and novel analytic approaches that will individually and collectively address problems related to fraud in Financial Services.- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.- We provide a modern computing environment based on best-in-class \"big data\" and cloud computing technologies and the freedom to explore new data sources and statistical and machine learning methodologies.- Our Analytics team is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not only understand your stats jokes, we'll appreciate them.What You'll Bring:
- Master's or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, computer science, engineering, operations research, or other highly quantitative field; or a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with at least 10 (10) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience and demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least one (3) years as well as at least five (5) years of professional experience performing analytic work, preferably in the Financial Services industry.
- Demonstrated interest in industries served by TransUnion, especially fraud or financial services
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills. Interest in innovating toward solving problems with a data-driven mentality
- Interest in evangelizing role of analytics and data science internally and across organization.
- Advanced programming skill and aptitude; proficiency with statistical programs such as R or Python; experience with other programming and data manipulation languages (SQL, Hive, Spark, Scala); high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Familiarity with advanced big data platforms and big data-oriented analytic and modeling capability. Deep familiarity with application of ML/AI techniques to practical problems. Experience with Hadoop/Spark environments
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment; evidence of initiative-taking.
- Strong project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively.
- Ability to independently lead complicated projects in collaboration with business partners and customers integrating teams of fellow data scientists accordingly.
- Interest in client-facing consulting roles and ability to travel 10-20%.
- Proven ability to operate effectively with minimal supervision in a complex and dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Familiarity with fraud, financial services, or identity resolution
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Work experience in industries served by TransUnion, especially fraud or financial services
- Experience working in large, distributed computing environments
- This position is responsible for supporting the development of analytic solutions through consulting engagements for TransUnion's clients across a broad array of credit, fraud, insurance and marketing business applications. This position requires a general understanding of US financial services risk management practices.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added solutions to various TransUnion customers. These tasks will include -among others- the development of ML/AI and other analytic solutions of significant scope and complexity for customers within the various industries served by TransUnion.
- You will lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis for a variety of business use cases leveraging multiple analytic techniques. As a project leader, you will take ownership of all aspects of the project from design, to development, to peer review, to client presentation, to implementation and audit.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion's analytic products and services and develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion, applying your practical analytic experience to find areas of new value of TransUnion customers. In the context of these opportunities, you will interact directly with TransUnion Sales and business unit partners and provide an analytic perspective and general support as needed.
- You will design, write, and test programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, Python, SQL, Hive and Spark, formalizing some of these efforts into repeatable process improvements and leading team in similar efforts
Sr. Manager, Data Science & Analytics