SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job DescriptionWhat we're looking for:
- Passion for our mission and empathy for our members- building for members means learning about what they're going through. We'll send you resources about OCD is from a members perspective and how it's managed from a clinical perspective
- High Agency and bias to action- We are still a small company and there's a lot of work to do. We trust everyone we hire and will provide them any support they need
- Abundance and growth mindset- There is always more we can do to serve our members. We hope this will be one of the most rewarding professional experiences of your career.
- Clear communication- Ideas are better when shared so we hope that you can share them with others in written form.
- 5 + years of experience- You care about what you're building and have built significant production systems in the past. You are comfortable moving across the stack when necessary
- Web : NextJS / Typescript / Tailwind CSS / Netlify / React
- Mobile : Swift / Flutter / Kotlin / Firebase
- Backend : Python Flask / MySQL Aurora / Stripe + Paypal / Aptible / AWS
- Data : FiveTran / GCP / BigQuery / Metabase / Google Sheets / Data Studio
- Internal Tools : Retool / React Native / Google Sheets
- Communication: Pen + Paper / Whiteboard / Figma / Google Docs / Slack / Clickup
- Build a modern clinical EHR - help us bring great user experiences to the clinical setting
- Implement data pipelines on GCP as we work on research publications around our protocols
- Work with internal support teams so they can offer the best experience to our members
- Simplify Billing + Insurance - Many people have used Stripe (which we use) but we’re bringing insurance billing to the modern age as well
- Lead a new product initiative- How can we help families be more involved in the treatment process for example
- Outcomes for members come from Condition Specific Care:
- Although offerings for behavioral health have increased in the past few years, we believe there is still a lack of focus on condition-specific disease states - and a one size fits all solution will not work. Just as you wouldn't see a general practitioner if you had a heart condition, there’s no single therapist who could treat the enormous diversity of behavioral health conditions (especially for severe conditions) from OCD, to PTSD, to BDD, to GAD, to Depression, to Panic, etc. We believe people get better only when care is focused specifically one condition at a time as treatment modalities differ condition by condition and person by person. Our focus is on OCD because of our founders experience overcoming OCD.
- Hire product minded individuals over pure technical excellence:
- We think being able to work with members, operations teams, and design is more important than pure technical skill. Being able to understand the needs and experiences of a variety of stakeholders allows one to be more autonomous and build the right product sooner. Product engineers have ownership from end to end, from stakeholder research, ideation, to delivery. If you prefer purely task-oriented work it may be a challenging fit, but if you want end to end ownership we will support you at every step of the way to strengthen areas you'd like to improve in.
- Healthcare should be member first:
- Everyone has experienced navigating a very difficult to use healthcare portal. Oftentimes healthcare technology was built first for providers or insurance organizations. This leaves members stuck to navigate complex product offerings and ux has been an afterthought for them. We believe the member should be brought back to the table and that we can only serve all three stakeholders well (members + insurers + providers) when we build software that is member first.
- Success is only possible because of the team:
- Nothing we have done would have been possible without every single person on our team. I am proud to have served alongside a team that has done immense good in the world by showing what is possible when focusing on our members.
- Casual, challenging, and engaging startup environment with an outstanding mission-driven team atmosphere
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k).
- Flexible PTO policy
- Awesome office on Michigan Avenue, ability to work remotely
- Onsite amenities including a fitness center