TransUnion's Job Applicant Privacy NoticeWhat We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation - we're consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius. Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.What You'll Bring:
- A Master's or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalent discipline. Equivalent analytical experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with writing SQL queries for data analysis; Intermediate knowledge on one or more statistical programming languages such as R or Python.
- Experience with FCRA data in consumer credit. This could be previous experience with a lender such as a bank, fintech, or credit union, or could be with a credit bureau, or a government agency or non-profit that works with consumer credit data.
- Curiosity as to why consumers act the way they do with their credit.
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. I Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark ) preferred
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and contribute to multiple assignments simultaneously
- Advanced experience with the MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A high degree of technical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You must be able to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior
- Capability to eloquently describe analytic ideas, requirements, processes and findings in non-technical terms.
- Strong work ethic with the passion for team success
- Experience with FCRA data in consumer credit required. This could be previous experience with a lender such as a bank, fintech, or credit union, or could be with a credit bureau, or a government agency or non-profit that works with consumer credit data.
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior to better understand why consumers act the way they do with their credit.
- Ability to translate a business problem into an analytical design and propose a solution using its analysis findings.
- A high degree of technical aptitude and ability to run on multiple projects concurrently with minimal guidance.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with SQL (experience on Hive preferred)
- Intermediate proficiency with one or more statistical programming languages such as R or Python.
- Dig in by extracting data and performing segmentation and statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as SQL, R, and Python on Linux and Big data platforms ).
- Translate complex analytical findings into business insights to be shared at industry conferences and potentially published with leading media outlets.
- Serve as an internal expert on both traditional and short term lending credit data and how it applies to industry trends and current research.
- Aid in formulating research problems based on real world needs.
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling communications and presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience.
- Contribute to projects involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques(e.g. segmentation, regression, clustering, survival analysis, and machine learning).
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence, innovation, and a constantly learning spirit.