SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceNorthwestern Memorial Healthcare
Job DescriptionSign-on Bonusoffered to New hires!(with a 12 month service commitment)
TheMultimodality Radiographer reflects the mission, vision, and values of NM, adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
This particular role will have duel responsibilities:
- 90% Computed Tomography
- 10% X-ray
Every 3rd weekend rotations
- Performs computed tomography and radiological procedures according to set protocols and departmental procedure as established by radiologists.
- Evaluates the request for procedures and assesses the patient to determine the appropriate procedure protocol and method of application.
- Appropriately employs imaging systems, accessory devices, and patient positioning techniques to generate quality images.
- Cares for the patient throughout the procedure according to department and hospital standards of patient care, age-specific sensitivities, and patients first guidelines.
- Advises the patient of radiation safety related matters as appropriate.
- Participates in lifting and transporting patients to and from imaging devices.
- Evaluates the resultant images in comparison with industry standards and takes corrective action if needed.
- Refers to appropriate reference materials for clarification when needed.
- Provides patient education in the form of written material and/or verbal explanation prior to, during and subsequent to the procedure in order to reduce the patient's anxiety and enhance their comfort zone with and tolerance of the procedure.
- Performs imaging procedures in accordance with safe radiation safety practices as determined by the Illinois Emergency Management Administration to limit radiation exposure to patient, self and other members of the healthcare team.
- Performs preliminary interpretation by applying independent judgment, subsequently customizing the procedure accordingly. Uses this knowledge to expedite intervention by the radiologist, if necessary.
- Notifies physicians as required of changes in the condition of the patients or regarding unique imaging characteristics.
- Maintains level of flexibility to accommodate daily schedule and high level of productivity.
- In collaboration with the Resource Coordinators and Technical Coordinator, learn and become proficient in new procedures and new levels of software as they become available.
- Documents imaging procedures manually and/or electronically to insure correct charging, patient tracking and film file tracking.
- Sends acquired images to PACS system correctly, using the appropriate accession numbers for future retrieval by medical staff.
- Monitors stock of supplies in imaging rooms to assure their regular availability by timely reordering, rotation of dated items, and by maintenance of a clean and orderly environment.
- Reports incidences of equipment failure, irregularities in equipment performance, and equipment in disrepair to supervisor and/or technical coordinator as soon as possible.
- Distributes Radiology outpatient surveys to all patients for self-evaluation purposes and to enhance the Best Patient Experience.
- Adheres to research protocols and maintains records for research data.
- Assist in the education of house staff, student technologists and ancillary personnel as it relates to computed tomography and diagnostic imaging.
- Facilitates scheduling and transportation of patients.
- Provides imaging services of optimum quality with optimum productivity and customer service.
- Collects data to support the measurement and tracking component of quality management.
- Graduate of accredited Radiologic Technology program.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Radiologic Technology.
- Certification in Radiography by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology.
- Certification or certification eligible ARRT (CT).
- Active license with Illinois Emergency Management Department of Nuclear Safety Administration.
- AHA BLS Provider Certification.
- Excellent interpersonal verbal communication skills.
- Self motivated individual that needs little supervision.
- Excellent time management skills will be used daily to meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills will enable this incumbent to problem solve and arrive at win-win solutions with all levels of NMH and physician office personnel.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Radiographer-CT-Computed Tomography, Casual, Evenings
Radiographer-CT- Computed Tomography, Full-time, Nights ( 3 day, 12 hr shift)
Radiographer-CT-Computed Tomography, Full-time, Nights
Radiographer-Interventional - Radiology Special Procedures, Full-Time, Days
Radiographer MRI - MRI OffSite, Full-Time, Nights
Radiographer MRI - MRI Feinberg, Full-Time, Nights
Radiographer MRI - MRI OffSite, Full-Time, Days