SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Job DescriptionPower and RenewablesWood Mackenzie Power and Renewables provides integrated subscription, research and advisory services to inform and support our client’s commercial and strategic decisions in the complex and rapidly changing electric power industry.Combining our deep knowledge of solar, wind, storage, and grid technologies, with our global power and fuels modeling and analytical capabilities, Wood Mackenzie can provide data and insight spanning the supply chain, technology costs, policy and market dynamics, fundamentals-based outlooks, price forecasting, asset valuation, and commodity market issues.Team ProfileThis role is part of Wood Mackenzie’s Energy Transition Practice, with a focus on front-of-the-meter energy storage in North America. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and make a major contribution to the energy transition. Combining proprietary data with market simulation tools and models, we help our clients understand market trends in energy storage policy, economics, and deployment. Wood Mackenzie directly serves clients who are responsible for the success of their firms’ growth, technology roadmap, competitive positioning, product marketing, and go-to market strategies.Role Purpose
The Analyst corresponds with, presents to, and advises vendors, developers and utility professionals on Wood Mackenzie analyses regarding the changing landscape of the global energy storage supply chain. The Analyst will focus on energy storage technologies and their supply chain, including supply chain tracking and forecasting, vendor and technology competitive assessment, and system cost benchmarking for markets in the US, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
Analysts conduct original quantitative and qualitative market research and deliver analysis through written reports, consulting, client inquiries, and speaking engagements. As a part of Wood Mackenzie’s energy storage research team, the analysts serve clients who are responsible for the success of their firm’s technology roadmap, competitive analysis/positioning, product/market positioning and energy storage (hardware and software) deployment strategies.Main responsibilities:
The Analyst works as part of a high-performing analyst team in addition to collaborating with Wood Mackenzie’s sales, marketing, and consulting teams.
The Analyst is expected to:
- Conduct primary research on the energy storage system supply chain, including costs, pricing, technology trends, and vendors.
- Build and maintain database-oriented products to track supply trends, cost structures, and outlook of different energy storage technologies.
- Develop a deep understanding of what Wood Mackenzie’s clients require to be successful, with a focus on effectively addressing critical business challenges.
- Write industry-leading research reports regarding trends, vendors and strategies across the energy storage landscape.
- Collaborate with peers across Wood Mackenzie to support research reports, data services, advisory services and conferences (set agenda, recruit speakers, moderate and present).
- Author multiple reports per year and actively develop visibility for this research and Wood Mackenzie through press, social media, and elsewhere.
- Work directly with sales and marketing via internal and external communications to actively help generate new sales, build larger engagements for existing clients, and effectively market completed research.
- Present at Wood Mackenzie-sponsored and industry-related events, and moderate client webinars.
- Establish an industry presence as an influential speaker and thinker; build relationships with senior industry professionals (vendors and utilities) as well as with the journalists who cover the sector and participate in vendor briefings and press inquiries as necessary.
QualificationsKnowledge and experience requirement
Our products and people are our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
- Strong understanding of the energy storage market, technology and supply chain.
- At least two years of experience either working for an energy storage company or performing analysis on energy storage technologies through research, consulting, or project development.
- Proven analytical capabilities, both qualitative and quantitative. Highly proficient in manipulating large sets of data in Excel and MS Access, building data models, and writing market analysis.
- Experienced in battery technology cost benchmarking, storage project economic analysis, and technology and vendor competitive analysis.
- Ability to take complex, disparate ideas and distill them into simple, provocative concepts — and willingness to take a stand on competitive positioning of vendors and outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders, clients, and industry partners.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a constant desire to innovate. A deep intellectual curiosity about the effect of technology on the evolution of the energy landscape.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. A strong record of academic achievement: B.A. or B.S. minimum; M.S. or M.E. preferred. Engineering background is a plus.
Our core values are: Respect for the Individual Integrity Passion Persistence Confidence with humility Excellence Teamwork
We understand the importance of achieving a balance between work, family and other life commitments. We are open to considering flexible working arrangements to enable the greatest spectrum of talent to contribute to Wood Mackenzie’s success.Location:
This position is preferred to be in Wood Mackenzie’s office in Boston, MA, Chicago, IL, or Houston, TX.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
D365 F&O Senior Supply Chain Analyst