SalaryUSD 25 25
SourcePaul May & Associates
Windows Help DeskService Level I - Contract to hireIllinois, Chicago, 60654 Chicago USA
Job Title: Windows Help Desk Service Level I - Contract to hire Location of role: Chicago, IL 60654 Role is onsite after Covid rules are lifted - Probably 4 days a week. Salary or Hourly range: $20 to $25/hr w2 contract to hire role will convert some over around 40k to 45K Depending on experience DOE Company relocation - At this time, client will NOT relocate for this role Company sponsorship - At this time, client will NOT sponsor for this role Travel: This role may require 0% travel Duration of role: Contract to hire around 3 mos. than convert depending Key Points of the role: Must have some solid Microsoft Windows 10 basic knowledge working on a help support service desk and working with ticketing systems Need experience with light administration duties setting up MS Exchange (distribution groups) and be able to with Active Directory (Password Resets, email setup). Big Plus working with Cisco Manager voice or with Cisco Finesse setting up group. Need excellent phone and client facing communication Position Requirements
- 2 years of prior Windows application support experience (customer service/call center)
- 2 years of prior desktop support experience (windows)
- Experience supporting Windows 10, the MS Office Suite, Cisco Manager VoIP telecommunications, Active Directory, and MS Exchange
- Strong Problem-Solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-managed, motivated and a team-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, fluid work environment
- Ability to follow tasks through to their completion with a high degree of accuracy and quality
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Provide technical support to end users via telephone, email and remote access tools.
- Communicate effectively with both novice and proficient customers and end users.
- Ensure timely resolution of IT requests by prioritizing and handling tickets from open to close, researching technical issues, escalating issues and documenting resolutions.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and positively represent technology in all end user and customer interactions.
- Advocate for the interests of end users within internal IT communications and meetings.
- Deliver basic instructions and training, for all supported applications and hardware.
- Administer user accounts through Active Directory, MS Exchange, Cisco Call Manager, etc. as well as other proprietary applications for all on/off-boarding and position change requests.
- Perform maintenance of select proprietary applications.
- Route tickets/defects to Service Desk Specialists, QA, and Development teams.
- Work closely with the Service Desk Specialists and QA team to confirm production defects and identify alternative solutions.
- Install, troubleshoot and configure all productivity and business applications.
- Troubleshoot and support all employee hardware including windows-based desktops, laptops, Tablets, projectors, telecom handsets, headsets and A/V equipment.
- Gather workstation requirements and perform, imaging, profiling and assembly/disassembly of workstations for equipment refreshes and on/off-boarding requests.
- Work within the IT purchasing process to seek approval, test, provision, and inventory assets.
- Maintain an attitude of commitment through an outward display of willingness.
- Act in the interest of the overall team.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship within the IT and end user communities.
- Create Knowledge Base articles to document problems and solutions.
- Participate in the refinement and execution of IT and team initiatives.
- Speed resolutions and minimize escalations to other IT teams by serving as an escalation point to the Service Desk in two or more areas of core technology.
- Participate in the expansion of the team's knowledge and troubleshooting skills by offering effective cross-training and documentation.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in at least one area of Application Support (e.g., Optimizer) and at least one area of Desktop Support (e.g., Cisco VoIP) by successfully leading substantial
- projects to implement new systems/accounts, processes, or documentation.