SalaryUSD Market related Market related
SourceIrvine Technology Corporation (ITC)
IMMEDIATE NEED for a Sr. Systems Engineer with solid Azure, Nutanix and ideally SQL experience for a Direct Hire opportunity in Los Angeles, CA. Can start remote but then be on-site eventually Los Angeles, CA preferred but may also consider: Chicago, IL, Midtown New York, San Diego, CA, Silicon Valley, CA, Dallas, TX, Washington DC, San Francisco, CA, or Orange County, CA. MUST BE LOCAL TO ONE OF THESE OFFICES - THIS IS NOT A PERMANENT REMOTE ROLE.The ideal candidate will be an experienced Senior Systems Engineer who will support for ongoing operations of Cloud Integration Services and other related areas and project work for all systems supported. Also, the Senior Systems Engineer will manage our Nutanix/Hyper-V/AZURE infrastructure end-to-end. Microsoft SQL, & Windows Clustering experience is a must.Responsibilities:Azure Cloud/M365
- Stay current with a strong connection to community experts and other online resources
- Develop strategies to keep Azure and M365 environments clean of stale accounts, objects, & legacy protocols/services as they become obsolete.
- Participate in the design, roadmap and support of applications in Azure cloud
- Configuring and maintaining Azure Recovery Services Vault
- Review on a regular basis - Azure monitoring, and alerting (including M365)
- Managing Azure roles using PIM. Setup privileged access reviews regularly.
- Collaborate on a wide variety of Azure projects interacting with multiple teams bringing in subject matter experts when needed
- Providing technical guidance around Azure identity & other security recommendations
- Ability to debug and resolve complex issues in cloud environments for business-critical applications.
- Experience in designing, implementations, troubleshooting, managing, and monitoring Nutanix Hyper converged solution.
- Nutanix Certified NCP / NPP / NCSE /NCAP (Proffered).
- 3+ years of experience Nutanix technologies.
- Provides technical support, perform scripting or programming.
- Provide subject matter expert for Nutanix installations, upgrades, patching and operations.
- Manage and monitor deployment using AOS, AHV. AHV experience is a plus.
- Manage, install, and configure Nutanix nodes.
- Responsible for AOS code install, upgrade and patch installations.
- Assist in design specifications and parameters for audit and compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of OS internals
- Design and implement highly available production systems using the following technologies: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Windows/SQL clustering, Availability Groups.
- Review scripts submitted by the Development team for performance and standard adherence.
- Perform advanced database administration activities including but not limited to: DB Performance Tuning, T-SQL tuning, Backup and recovery and DB disaster recovery solutions.
- Communicate effectively with other CAI groups gathering requirements for new instance build outs or supporting existing applications.