SalaryUSD TBD TBD
SourceWorld Wide Technology
Why WWT? Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers. At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our team within Infrastructure Services (IS). Why should you join Infrastructure Services? As a Network Engineer, you will be working on exciting infrastructure driven projects for Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. Our global infrastructure planning and deployment services deliver thousands of projects each year. From employing our methodologies at hundreds of sites to leveraging complete enterprise design services, customers trust our infrastructure experts to assess the technology they have today and design the solutions they need for tomorrow. What will you be doing? The Network Engineer's role is to ensure that WWT/industry best practices and methodologies are applied to design, deployment and operations of core route/switch and data center networks. This individual provides technical guidance and leadership to the customer and project engineering team and ensures project timelines are being met. They will be the technical point of contact for the customer and provide design, migration, and deployment guidance. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of network planning, design, implementation & optimization services as a post sales consultant to WWT's Commercial Enterprise clients.
- Create Low Level and High-Level design of data center networks utilizing industry best practices and Cisco hardware to include: Cisco enterprise level L3 switching and Nexus platforms
- Lead the delivery of network solutions including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers and other network hardware appliances.
- Oversee/perform new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Perform installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer managed hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks.
- Cisco Enterprise Network experience required (Catalyst/Nexus).
- Experience logical design models (L2/L3, VPC, VDC, Datacenter Zones, Spanning tree, VRF, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling).
- Working technical knowledge of network control protocols (QOS, PfR, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP) and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA, IPSec, TustSec).
- Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing is required (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP). Experience with inter-company routing is preferred.
- Understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies (Ethernet, DMVPN, WAAS and MPLS).
- SD-WAN implementation and migration experience preferred.
- Configuration management of networking devices using automation tools (APIC-EM, Cisco Prime) and API scripting with Python preferred.
- Certifications in CCNP R&S and/or Data Center preferred.
- Cisco partner post sales consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Cisco Meraki experience is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Nexus 9K and ACI is a plus.
- Knowledge or experience F5 load balancing, Palo Alto technologies, Cisco UCS, or Cisco MDS is a plus.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Related degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or five years equivalent network engineering experience.
- Up to 25-50% regional travel
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program