SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Delivery ManagerManagement and responsibility for product and service launch projects, external and internal, and development projects.Monitors the go to market delivery of the assigned product/s or portfolio. Supports and progresses product commercialization planning and delivery initiatives. Communicates and reports the product delivery success criteria, scope, governance, schedule, and budget to the relevant stakeholders (Finance, Sales, Account management etc.). Develops comprehensive set of reporting tools and protocols to provide senior leadership line of sight to potential risks and opportunities. Where needed, leads effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple stakeholders. Effectively communicates across all stakeholders to ensure program goals, key decisions, and status is clear to all. Runs product delivery planning and closing, from intake to deployment and management.What Part Will You Play?Project Management
- Manage programs that require the collaboration of cross-functional teams across all products and locations i.e., be effective in communication, lead cross-functional teams (Product Management, Product Development, Merchant Sales, Channel Partner Sales, Marketing, Customer Care), drive changes and results, collaborate, escalate, execute, plan, document, and demonstrate thought leadership to execute projects for product and service launches and internal infrastructure and operational projects.
- Drive launch calendars and conduct periodic touch points with the cross-functional team to ensure launches are tracking to plan.
- Define specific launch objectives, deliverables, timelines, and help remove obstacles to success.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Choose proper tools for project planning and implementation.
- Escalate project and process roadblocks.
- Monitor and report on progress toward key goals and objectives.
- Deliver consistent, repeatable launch best practices, processes, and deliverables. Retrospectively evaluate results and determine lessons learned to continuously improve them.
- Submit detailed weekly reports that convey essential information about the health, status, risks, and impacts of projects.
- Develop appropriate management reporting to illustrate key information on project progress.
- Highlight areas of risk and concerns, judge impacts, and offer solutions and alternatives.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects (particularly technology projects) from initiation through completion on committed schedules, 3+ years' experience preferred
- Experience working in a Scrum master role, preferred
- Familiarity with a variety of SDLC concepts (agile, waterfall, iterative), practices, and procedures and applying the proper tool to the scope and type of project
- Knowledgeable with agile methodology and successful agile techniques such as User Stories, continuous integration, agile estimation, etc.
- Ability to understand backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and task definition
- Strong leadership, decision making, relationship management, conflict resolution, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated success establishing, managing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Familiarity with payment processing industry processes, technologies and players
- Comfortable giving presentations to groups inside and outside of the company
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- PMP and/or Scrum master certification preferred.