Job DescriptionJoin a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization. Working with the GHD Digital Team across North America, the Data Scientist/Automation Engineer is responsible for providing the delivery of Data and Analytics solutions and credibility to our clients. The role can be based anywhere near a GHD HUB. Preferred locations are New York, Houston, Buffalo, Baton Rouge, Atlanta, and Tampa. Responsibilities:
- Create solutions for our clients using advanced statistical analysis, data mining, and data visualization techniques
- Staying on top of the industry's trends, to provide forward-thinking recommendations
- Identifies the data the business should be collecting, devises methods of instrumenting the business's system to extract this information
- Designs, implements, and evaluates advanced statistical models and approaches for application in the business's most complex issues
- Research new ways for predicting and modelling end-user behaviour as well as investigating data summarization and visualization techniques for conveying key applied analytics findings
- Performs ad-hoc data mining and exploratory statistics tasks on very large datasets related to the business's strategies. Prepares reports and presentations that will give insights
- Cleansing of large unstructured data and enabling analytical capability to query the data and address various business needs
- Uses unstructured and disjointed datasets for the purpose of independently generating practical business insights as well as creating manageable analytical processes
- Comes up with superb illustrations and visualizations of data communicating statistical modelling results as measures of the business's impact.
- Works closely with others in the data analytics team, in solving complex business issues.
- Ability to influence with or without formal authority. Coordinating and monitoring specific team tasks when requested
- Delegating occasional work requirements to technical and support staff, monitoring progress, and ensuring desired outcomes are delivered on time
- Take initiative to experiment with various technologies and tools with vision of creating innovative data driven insights for the business at the quickest pace possible.
- Can demonstrate an ability to create and maintain strong, meaningful, and lasting relationships with others. Confident but friendly and approachable
- Ph.D. or master's degree in related to quantitative subject areas such as Petro/Fluid/Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Data Analytics etc.
- Bachelor's degree will be considered with related experience
- 0 to 3 years professional experience in a consultative or operations role inside Oil & Gas, Industrial, Chemical, Energy, Manufacturing, or Refining industries
- Advanced programming skills and experience in Python(preferred), R, and data visualizations
- Knowledge of Research/Fluid Dynamics/Engineering process is a plus
- Knowledge of numerical methods, simulation, and optimization is an advantage
- Experience in technical software development using OOP is an advantage
- Previous work experience on modelling complex system in the oil and gas industry, energy, or manufacturing is an advantage
- Experience with cloud computing environment such as Azure or AWS is preferred
- Can also demonstrate strong skill in statistical techniques inclusive of statistical data analysis, time series modelling and forecasting methodologies as well as familiarity in big data technologies.