SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision: Cox Communications IncJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 212724 Cox Communications is looking for a Senior Security Consultant who will report to the Director of Cyber and Disaster Recovery. This individual will partner with Cyber and Disaster Recovery leaders in providing oversight and governance of Coxs Cyber and DR programs as well as aligning with Business Continuity in the annual BIA process. The role will align business personnel for participation in Cyber and Disaster Recovery testing in addition to leading tabletop exercises to improve Coxs recovery readiness posture. Annual validation of partner/3rd party Cyber and Disaster Recovery testing will also be a responsibility. This person will ensure new systems meet Cyber and Disaster Recovery requirements per assigned criticality. Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business, technology and security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organizational boundaries to implement Disaster Recovery and Cyber Security controls, recovery capabilities and risk mitigation strategies. Primary responsibilities and essential duties:
- Align with our Business Continuity, Technology & incident management teams on annual assessments that ensure recovery capabilities specified in BIAs (i.e., RTO, RPO) can be achieved along with driving the closure of all identified gaps
- Partner with and engage business personnel in Cyber and Disaster Recovery testing to ensure and certify required application functionality operates as expected
- Responsible for maintenance and annual refreshes of Cyber & Disaster Recovery policies, standards, playbooks/plans and other related documentation
- Ensure new systems meet Cyber & DR requirements per assigned criticality. Ensure adherence to policies and standards as they pertain to DR and Cyber recovery.
- Maintain CMDB accuracy including relationships, dependencies and criticality of applications that are in scope for the Disaster Recovery and Cyber programs
- Lead periodic Cyber and Disaster Recovery catastrophic event tabletop exercises with IT and business staff to measure Coxs readiness posture. Identify and lead improvement opportunities.
- Annual 3rd party/partner certification including leading/participating in Cyber & Disaster Recovery testing
- Partner with Disaster Recovery & Cyber leaders in setting strategy and building plans to meet set goals and objectives
- Work with management in setting project and ongoing operational execution goals for the program
- Provide proactive consultancy to other IT teams and business personnel on best practices related to Cyber and Disaster Recovery
- Design & implement KPIs and metrics depicting the state of the program
- Provide leadership and guidance related to troubleshooting and triage of any Disaster Recovery or Cyber events
- Establish goals for improving Cyber and Disaster Recovery and partner with peers on building plans to achieve them
- DR & Cyber best practice awareness & training
- 5+ years of experience in a Disaster Recovery, Cyber, Business Continuity or a related technology role
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write policies, procedures and recovery plans
- Deep knowledge and expertise in infrastructure, application and data recovery techniques
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Experience setting strategy and providing guidance to business and IT staff
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Able to influence, communicate and make recommendations to all levels of an organization
- Knowledge of ITIL including change management, incident management and configuration management
- Ability to prioritize work and complete assigned projects on time and on budget
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and 5 years of experience in related field.
- At least one relevant industry certification - CBCP, CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable or Wireless industry experience.
- Knowledge of IT and security frameworks, such as NIST or CIS.
Senior Manager, Cyber Recovery