SalaryUSD TBD TBD
Primary Location: 6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USADivision: Cox Communications IncJob Level: Individual ContributorTravel: NoSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobRequisition Number: 213025 Cox Communications is searching for a Cyber Response Coordinator that will assist with Cyber related Incident Response (IR) activities. The day-to-day activities include but are not limited to the maintenance of active case files and evidence retention, scheduling investigative sessions and status briefings, drafting status update communications, tracking and updating IR activities, assisting in the development and participating in IR tabletop exercises. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Incident Response. Successful candidates will demonstrate a strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business, technology and security competencies. Must be detailed oriented, can accurately synthesize key information during meetings and investigations, has excellent communication skills, and ability to summarize. As part of the interview process, candidate will be asked to submit a writing sample. Primary Responsibilities: For information security incidents, Proactive Threat Response activities, and investigations the candidate will be responsible for::
- Drafting status updates and communications for leadership.
- Drafting presentations to update stakeholders.
- The status of all open action items.
- Creating and maintaining timeline(s) and summaries.
- Scheduling meetings with stakeholders.
- Taking notes and creating meeting minutes.
- Maintaining and organizing security incident artifacts for litigation and/or audit purposes.
- Assist with tracking budgets and the cost of Cyber Security incidents.
- Support the development of Incident Response operating procedures and processes.
- Support the development of Cyber Security tabletop activities to include creating presentation materials, creating meeting minutes, and organizing meetings.
- Contribute to projects, meetings, and ad-hoc requests.
- Five or more years of technical experience in the information security field.
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies.
- Ability to provide after-hours coverage to support incident management and response.
- Advanced writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to execute under pressure.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, policies, and ethics as they relate to cybersecurity, privacy and incidents.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, etc.
- Maintains an industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, GCIH, CCIA, and GIAC.
- Two or more years of incident response experience.
- Cloud technology experience and incident response techniques.
- Experience with endpoint security agents (Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, etc.).